What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Again with the Calendars...ugh!

naaaaance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, I've googled and searched and tried and I'm at wits end! Everywhere you look there are instructions, but they refer only to iphones or the issue isn't what it seems. Here's my details, and if someone could supply some basic, layman's terms instructions, I will be forever in your debt!

I have a google calendar. All is okay in terms of updating it on my laptop and having it wirelessly sync with my ipad. LOVE IT.

However...

My ipad has a bunch of calendar items that are NOT showing up in my google calendar. For example, all my family birthdays and anniversaries, old appointments, etc., remain on my ipad but I can't get them to jump over into my google.

What am I doing wrong? Or ~~ what do you recommend?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
see at the bottom right where calendar was cutoff, go to that screen on your iPad and scroll down where you see calendar and check your default account, and make sure its your gmail account as default.

configure-google-calendar-on-ipad-18.jpg

OP
N

naaaaance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes i changed it. i also synced to be sure. i also added a google calendar, which worked. but for some reason, the birthdays i have listed on my ipad are not going over to my google cal.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
enter something new, for like tuesday coming and test now.

OP
N

naaaaance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thats for issues where gmail isn't appearing in the ipad. Mines the other way around.

Djdan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have it set up as an Exchange account? I once had a similiar issue and solved it by using microsoft exchange account setup for Gmail contacts and calendars (google how to do this, google has it in a blog somewhere) and now both my calendars and contacts sync both ways.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The birthdays that show up in Calendar are a special calendar displayed on the iPad using the information in your Contacts. Syncing the calendar doesn't do anything to move these to Google.

By setting up your Google account as an Exchange account you can sync your Contacts which would make those dates available to Google, but I have not found a way for Google Calendar to automatically detect and display the birthdays in your Google Contacts. Not that my failure to find the feature means that it isn't there. Could be.

Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

OP
N

naaaaance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i appreciate your help very much...thank you!

but i should clarify, it's not birthdays reading from my contacts.
Any and all manual entries into my ipad are not uploading to my google calendar.
I want to be able to enter appointments and such in my ipad and have them go to my google account. I just happened to say birthdays because I manually entered them when I first got my ipad. Hope that clears things up.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i think you need to delete your gmail from the iPad and start over, this should not be an issue.

and earlier i was checking this with my ipad1 and could not see edit, but my iPad 2 i see edit.

edit: on ipad1, i turned off calendar, and turn it back on, and is able to see edit.
this way should guarantee a fix.
12947669586_ipad-gmail.jpg

Last edited:

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
The exchange account won't merge previous entries on your iPad calendar automatically, you either, as poser suggests delete them all and re enter them or you can actually edit them on the iPad and just change the calendar they are stored to. I appreciate it may take a long time for a lot of entries but I've no easier way at the moment.

Most reactions

Latest posts