What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After update iOS new 9+

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello, after update every time if want to install app which I download before but not onboard iPad ask for ID password can I disabled it.

Sent from my iPad

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's 9+ default or can we change.

Sent from my iPad

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you very much.

Sent from my iPad

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
J.A. I went setting/restriction/password as u told and disabled required password but nothing happened. When I undated the apps which already on my iPad it ask again for PW. is this because I updated my device via iTunes or somethings else.

Sent from my iPad

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The link I gave you was for purchasing apps.
Your iPad shouldn't ask for a password when updating, except if the app was purchased with a different Apple ID than the one used on your iPad right now.
Make sure the right Apple ID is there in Settings - iTunes & App Store.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No I m use my valid ID, and like Facebook updated came when I do it's ask for PW

Sent from my iPad

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe an app failed to upload completely after the update. Go to the Purchased section in the App Store and iTunes Store. If you find something stuck at loading, remove it from your iPad, then restart your device.

If you don't find anything, reset your iDevice using Home and Power button simultaneously.

A third option would be to go to Settings - iTunes & App Store, sign out of your Apple ID, restart your iPad and sign in again.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nothing in downloading pending,restarted no progress. We'll see In password I enable PW for free download shall I put screenshot.

Sent from my iPad

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, you don't need to post a screenshot.

Enabling that feature will not help with updates. It will make your iPad ask for a password when you purchase something that's free.

Did you also try the other two things I've suggested? (Reset; sign out, restart, sign in)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you always use the same Apple ID on this iPad? You never changed the ID (maybe to a different country), and kept the apps from the other ID on your iPad?
I can't think of any other reason why it's asking for a password when it's going to update.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes I always use 1 ID.

Sent from my iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts