What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After enabling multi gestures...

otacon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
... when I closed my cover it didn't go into sleep mode anymore. I found this weird because it always had done so before. I thought it might have been something with the magnets so I repositioned the iPad but it still wouldn't go into sleep mode. I thought it was an issue with my case which ticked me off. I went into Settings / General and notice a new option. iPad Cover Lock / Unlock was not there before I enabled multi gestures. I found this very odd that the option would just suddenly appear when I did that. I put it to on and sure enough it goes into sleep mode now when the cover is closed. This happen to anyone else? FYI I enabled multi gestures by the adding the two lines method via iBackUpBot.

OP
otacon

otacon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had no problems wid enabling multitouch via iipadbot method..

Didn't have any problem per say it worked like a charm but just found it unusual that the option just appeared after I did that. Was it hiding?..lol

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dude that option is there from the start..those two lines u add for multitask dont do anything to ipad except enabling the gestures..i guess u never saw that option before in ur ipad...thats why u shud always read the manual :p its available free on ibooks..

Btw multitouch gestures are Awesome! And this method of adding 2 lines is way more easy than downloading a 4 gig program :)

Reaction score
The option iPad Cover Lock/Unlock only appears after the first time you have used the cover. If you went to the settings before using the cover for the first time, there would have been no option for iPad Cover Lock/Unlock, as Apple hides the option be default, in case you don't use the SmartCover.

OP
otacon

otacon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dude that option is there from the start..those two lines u add for multitask dont do anything to ipad except enabling the gestures..i guess u never saw that option before in ur ipad...thats why u shud always read the manual :p its available free on ibooks..

Btw multitouch gestures are Awesome! And this method of adding 2 lines is way more easy than downloading a 4 gig program :)

I guess I just never noticed it after I put my iPad in it's new case..lol

I couldn't find that darn file to modify with iBackUpBot at first so I started the alternate way. Being a Windows guy I saw you had to load a VM to get OSX running so you could then run Xcode, etc etc. I went back to iBackUpBot and looked at it line by line and finally found that springboard.plist file. I love multitouch gestures also... just the fact you really don't have to touch the home button anymore makes it worth it. I have been reading though that for some people adding those lines still doesn't enable it. Now if they will just come out with a jailbreak for the iPad2 I'll be a happy camper..lol

Most reactions

Latest posts