What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice for visiting UK with iPad

Lionroar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be traveling to the UK in about a month, and was planning on just bringing my iPad instead of my laptop. It's a 3GS device, so I think I can get a SIM from one of the carriers there.

Since I will only be there a few weeks, i was looking for advice on which carrier would be best. I just want to get a SIM and buy a few weeks of access, without having to enter into a long term/auto-renew agreement.

Can you just go into one of the carrier's shops and get one?

Thanks

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, you can pretty much pick a micro-sim up from any high street phone shop - both chains and the individual networks stores.

I think for tourists, the O2 £2 a day deal is probably best; their 3G coverage isn't the best, but it does include 7,500 unlimited wifi hotspot access (TheCloud and BT Openzone - by far the two most common in the UK) plus you can set it all up right on your iPad. It's not auto-renew, just bills you for the days you use - obviously more expensive than a 30-day rolling contract but gives you the flexibility you want.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/ipadtariffs/index.html

Just in case you're wondering, I'm on Orange, but their daily tariff doesn't include hotspots - so while I think their coverage is better, it's not as good value for money and Youd need to call them to sort the account. There is always the option to see if an Orange store could set you up - no idea. About that though.

Hope thats some help.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts