What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adonit Note for Pencil capable iPads

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Looks like we have another choice for good iPad styluses.

The Adonit Note’s description shows it as compatible with the same iPad models as the Apple Pencil and Logitec Crayon; and with the same features as the Crayon. The main differences between the Crayon and the Adonit Note appear to be the the charging port (micro-USB instead of Lightning), form factor, and price.

The Apple Pencil goes for between $100 and $130 (depending on version). The Logitec Crayon is listed retail at about $70 (though I’ve seen it on sale for about $50). The Adonit Note is listed on Adonit’s site at about $50.

Like the Crayon, the Note does not have pressure sensitivity; which makes it less desirable than the Pencil for art and illustration work, but more than adequate for handwritten notes and annotation. I use the Crayon for this on my iPad Mini, and am very pleased with the results.

I suspect that the Note is a reverse engineered version of the Crayon. If they had worked with Apple the advertisement/announcement would have probably included some Apple promotion, and a lightning port instead of the micro-USB. Hopefully there wont’ be any after the fact bickering.

The orange silver flattish Crayon looks like it belongs on a child’d device; which is fair since it was designed for the K-12 education market. The black version of the Note would look much nicer hanging off the side of my iPad Mini’s case, and would feel more like a pen. I’m probably going to get one next month.

Most reactions

Latest posts