What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

adjust width of columns

Guy1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I have my Ipad2 for a couple of days now and all is so new and a bit confusing to me, but still enjoying every minute that i use it.
I have transfered from my pc to ipad 500 MP3s, when i play them on the ipad i have 4 columns, first column is artist and title. The problem is that i only can read the first 20 characters so in a lot of cases i can see the performer but not the title.

Something like this : "Michael Zager Band - Le..."

Is it possible to adjust the width of this column or delete the two columns in the middle? I'm only interested in performer and title and the column with the time.

Is it also possible to sort my mp3s in folders like in Windows?

Thanks for any help
Guy - Belgium

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I have my Ipad2 for a couple of days now and all is so new and a bit confusing to me, but still enjoying every minute that i use it.
I have transfered from my pc to ipad 500 MP3s, when i play them on the ipad i have 4 columns, first column is artist and title. The problem is that i only can read the first 20 characters so in a lot of cases i can see the performer but not the title.

Something like this : "Michael Zager Band - Le..."

Is it possible to adjust the width of this column or delete the two columns in the middle? I'm only interested in performer and title and the column with the time.

Is it also possible to sort my mp3s in folders like in Windows?

Thanks for any help
Guy - Belgium

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I don't think what you're trying to do is possible - but the title does scroll when it's playing. Perhaps another member knows how to this?

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

OP
Guy1717

Guy1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim,
Thank you for your reply

I know the title is scrolling while its playing,but its when i want to choose in the list manually before playing it, i can't see the title (just a part of it)

Guy

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim,
Thank you for your reply

I know the title is scrolling while its playing,but its when i want to choose in the list manually before playing it, i can't see the title (just a part of it)

Guy

Yes - I sort of knew you were going to say that!! :)
I don't know of any way around this problem, perhaps another member will have a solution but I haven't seen one mentioned over the past couple of months.

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can't help you with the columns.

The solution for folders is playlists. You can create playlists on the computer iTunes. There are both manual lists and smart lists (putting things together by search functions). Once you have a play list created you can sync it to the iPad.

With the iPad connected, go into iTunes and select it from the Devices list. Then go to the Music tab at the top. If this is set to sync the entire music library playslists will be synced automatically. If you've selected 'Selected playlist, artists. . .' then you'll need to check each playlist you want to sync.

It isn't as powerful or convenient as iTunes on the computer, but you can also create playlists on the iPad.

In the iPod app, at the bottom of the Library list you'll see a + sign. Tap on that and name the list. It will then take you to a song browser where you can add music to the play list. If you already have a play list you can add or remove songs by selecting and tapping the edit button at the top right of the song list.

You can only create and edit manual playlists on the iPad. Smart playlists can only be created and edited in iTunes on the computer.

So, that's a long answer to your shortest and least important question. :)

OP
Guy1717

Guy1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Twerppoet, l appreciate your help on te playlists, i tried it and it works like a charm.
Guy

Most reactions