What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Address book

Cavell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an address book of contacts. I send emails on my iPad. I used a friends iPad at my house and sent an email. Several weeks later he returned and I used his iPad again and I went into his contact list and saw that ALL of my contacts are now on his contact list. His are there and mine. Is this normal? This seems odd. Why or how did all my contacts get onto his device?

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,
If your email address is on his iPad, it might have automatically imported your contacts. I think you can get rid of them by going into Settings>Mail>(AccountName)>Contacts>Off.
I would like to welcome you to the iPad Forums, an amazing online community in which iPad users alike from all walks of life come together to discuss the very piece of technology this website is name after, iPad. We hope you enjoy the forum.

We ask that you read and abide by the iPadForums rules.
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html
Check out the iPF app.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
I recommend subscribing to the iPF news feed.
Apple iPad News
For all your iPad FAQ.
iPad FAQ
iPad reviews are all right here.
iPad Reviews
How to create posts and new threads:
http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...-creating-posts-starting-new-threads-how.html

Once again, we are so pleased you have joined us!

Goofy8275 - User of iPadForums

OP
C

Cavell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We both have different email/Internet providers. I have comcast and he put the comcast connect app on his iPad. Only I use the app. He is always logged on to his email. U use iPad, click on mail and his stuff pops up. I open comcast and I get my emails. That is when we realized all my contacts are in his address book and all of his contacts are in my address book. Comcast thinks it is because 2 people are using the same iPad. The fact 2 different Internet providers are on 1 device may be the clue?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like a feature of the Comcast app. the best place to get an answer would be Comcast, or perhaps someone here who uses the same app can help. Here's what I can guess from what little I know.

A quick look at XFINITY Connect (the app I'm guessing your using) shows that it has both the ability to import and export to the Contacts app. At least that's what it seems to say in the description on the App Store. At some point you, or your friend, tapped on something that said 'go ahead and do this" or it's a default opt-in setting you missed.

When you entered you Comcast password in the app on your friend's iPad, you basically gave that app the permissions it needed.

If you need to use another person's device or computer to access your email or other services it's best to do so through a web browser. When doing so, make sure you do not check any boxes that say Remember Me when logging on, and log out of the site when finished. If the feature is available (and it is in Settings Safari) and the site will work with it, turning on Private Browsing is also a good idea.

Most reactions

Latest posts