What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding websites to home screen

Jmariew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have several websites on my home screen . I have placed them in folders on my home screen for easy access.What does this do to the performance of the iPad? I have an iPad 1. Just wondering if it would be better to bookmark the websites in Safari.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jmariew said:
I have several websites on my home screen . I have placed them in folders on my home screen for easy access.What does this do to the performance of the iPad? I have an iPad 1. Just wondering if it would be better to bookmark the websites in Safari.

Rest assured it will have zero impact. It's simply a web shortcut and they use no more appreciable resources over any other method of bookmarking. Don't sweat it :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't do anything, that I know of. It's a major design feature of the iPad (built right into Safari), so I can't see how Apple would allow it to bork up the iPad.

I've had those types of bookmarks on my iPad for many, many months. As far as I can tell, I've had no trouble with them. 'Sides, they are very handy, aren't they? I know lots of people here that do as you do - make folders of the various bookmarks. Never heard of any troubles...

So, while this is the advice of one anonymous person on the Interwebz, I say go on and enjoy your bookmarks. There's no harm in using them. And, it's one step less than using book marks in Safari ... :D

Hope this reassures.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts