What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Activator: suppress native action.

Barty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have activator and swipebright, so I can now adjust the screen brightness by swiping left and right on status bar. Awesome.

Problem is, the native iOS action for tapping the status bar is jump to top of document, and it's too easy to trigger it while swiping the status bar. I have to do it jussst right to swipe without tapping.

I want to suppress the native action and assign it to something else, like double tap on status bar to jump to top of document.

Any idea? Thanks.

OP
B

Barty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I just realized there's a simple if inelegant fix: after swiping left and right, instead of lifting my finger, I just swipe up or down out of the status bar area. Then it does not register as a tap.

If there's a better way, I'd still like to know.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but there is no way to turn off the default action when you tap the status bar; it's why I don't assign any Activator actions to it.

I would, however, like to thank you for the "trick" of keeping the slide action going into the screen. It may seem clunky, but is better than always scrolling up when you don't want to. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts