What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accidental app delete

GrandisT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a question, what if I accidentally and stupidly deleted an App I paid for either in my iTunes or directy in iPad while jiggling apps around, what can i do to recover the app back without having to pay for it again?

Say accidental delete in iTunes, will my iPad lose this app when i sync it and vice versa... Anyone have answers?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a question, what if I accidentally and stupidly deleted an App I paid for either in my iTunes or directy in iPad while jiggling apps around, what can i do to recover the app back without having to pay for it again?

Say accidental delete in iTunes, will my iPad lose this app when i sync it and vice versa... Anyone have answers?

The App Store keeps a record of the apps you have paid for. You can download them again - directly to your iPad if you want - and you won't have to pay for them again. If you go through this process, to begin with, it looks as though you are going to be charged a second time - because it quotes the price at you - but, at the last minute, it says 'Already Paid For' and off you go...

Tim

OP
G

GrandisT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
The App Store keeps a record of the apps you have paid for. You can download them again - directly to your iPad if you want - and you won't have to pay for them again. If you go through this process, to begin with, it looks as though you are going to be charged a second time - because it quotes the price at you - but, at the last minute, it says 'Already Paid For' and off you go...

Tim

Thanks Tim. At least I don't have to experiment it myself.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On a related point, too, several Members have asked what happens if they buy an app they don't like or it doesn't work etc. Apple have a refund policy in place; 'phone the Apple Support Line with the purchase reference number (it's on the iTunes invoice that you receive after you purchased the app) and they'll refund the money to your iTunes account. I may be cynical, but Apple do this without question because they keep their 'cut' of the sale of the app and the Developer has to refund the purchase price in full - meaning they're somewhat out of pocket!!

Have fun and enjoy your iPad.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts