What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About two weeks ago my laptop crashed

dupont2005

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hard drive malfunction. I thought I had everything I really wanted backed up, family photos and iTunes, but I was wrong I guess. Lost some really cool Greasemonkey and Firefox add ons that I can't find anymore and every time I browse the web with the laptop I'm reminded of it.

So I pretty much only use the iPad now. The only time I have trouble is viewing videos on certain forums and when taking online surveys. So those are the only times I have fired up the laptop lately, and for the most part I'll decide not to watch the video or take the survey instead. I didnt buy this thing as a replacement for the PC but the more I use it the more I find that's what it's become.:)

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Sorry about the laptop. I have a monthly process of backing everything up and use Microsoft's SyncToy to great effect with this. I got bit once too, not having backups. It really can be a pain in the arse.

And yes, 99% of my browsing and email is now done from the iPad. I leave my laptop to video/photo processing and gaming.

Lavenderlady*w*iPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry about the computer! I've been there too, lost several manuals I had written. I have Carbonite for both my desk top and laptop now. Write it off as a business expense. I too end up doing most my web browsing and email on my iPad now.... I play more games on it than I ever played on any computer too!

Most reactions