What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About refurbished iPad 3 - good buy or no?

Meenie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of buzz that the iPad 3 is already obsolete.

I see on Apple's site that a refurb 16 gb iPad 3 with wifi is $379.00. that's $20.00 less than the iPad 2.
Is this a good deal? Or not?

Will this iPad continue to be supported by Apple?

I don't know much about iPads, what comes with it? Do any apps come with it? (If it's being refurbished, wouldn't there have been apps on it - do they wipe them out?

Thanks for bearing with this ole non-techy person who knows little about iPads (or any other tablet except for my kindle e-reader) :)

scudder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A good bargain! Apple sells refubs as either ex unwanted returns or one they have refurbished and when the refurb it usually means a brand new shell and accessories. You will not know the difference from a brand new one. iOS will have been restored to factory settings as per new unit.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Very good deal. Yes, it will be supported for a good bit still. It's not even a year old yet.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Of course! I own one and its beautiful. My eyesight is not as excellent as it used to be but this screen makes it so clear that I often read it without my reading glasses. Just do it. You won't look back!

OP
Meenie

Meenie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much everyone! :) I appreciate it. I ordered it, can't wait til it arrives. What apps do you guys recommend?

Hayles66 - my eyesight isn't so great either (I have cataracts - will have to have them removed <shudder>) lol that's one of t he reasons why I wanted the bigger iPad instead of a different tablet

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Exactly why I bought the iPad 3. Reading is my passion. My iphone is great but just too small for reading.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

OP
Meenie

Meenie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of buzz that the iPad 3 is already obsolete. I see on Apple's site that a refurb 16 gb iPad 3 with wifi is $379.00. that's $20.00 less than the iPad 2. Is this a good deal? Or not? Will this iPad continue to be supported by Apple? I don't know much about iPads, what comes with it? Do any apps come with it? (If it's being refurbished, wouldn't there have been apps on it - do they wipe them out? Thanks for bearing with this ole non-techy person who knows little about iPads (or any other tablet except for my kindle e-reader) :)

Just thought I'd tell you my refurb ipad is GREAT! I love it bought it in march it's now end of Sept - no problems (except those of my own non techy nature, lol)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just thought I'd tell you my refurb ipad is GREAT! I love it bought it in march it's now end of Sept - no problems (except those of my own non techy nature, lol) Sent from my iPad using iPF

That is great to hear, I have two refurb iPads and a refurb White MacBook, they are all still running and great machines.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts