What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About DocAS app

bifer6180531

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!
Doe's the DocAS app 100% support Hebrew, and work well together?
Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No idea, but since the app hasn't been updated since 2014 it would not be my first choice as a PDF app.

My first choice is the PDF Expert app, but I don't have an answer there either. At least the developer's are active; which means you should be able to get your question answered on their support site.

There are a lot of good PDF annotation apps, current and actively being supported; so you should probaby shop around a bit to find the one best fit to your needs.

Good luck.

OP
B

bifer6180531

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No idea, but since the app hasn't been updated since 2014 it would not be my first choice as a PDF app.

My first choice is the PDF Expert app, but I don't have an answer there either. At least the developer's are active; which means you should be able to get your question answered on their support site.

There are a lot of good PDF annotation apps, current and actively being supported; so you should probaby shop around a bit to find the one best fit to your needs.

Good luck.

Hello!

The support of the app link on the Appstore brought me to this site - a Japanese site. Japanese is more like a gibberish for me.
This is the link of the app on the Appstore: DocAS - PDF Converter, Annotate PDF, Take Notes and Good Reader on the App Store

Thanks! for the recommendation about PDF Expert app. In the beginning I thought to buy the PDF Expert app, then I found the DocAS app, and thoght it would be better. So now, considering your reply, I'll remain with PDF Expert app. Do you if PDF Expert app 100% support Hebrew, and work well together? Which ipad pro do you work on: the 12.9" or the 9.7" ?
Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
B

bifer6180531

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Good luck.
Thank you very much for the reply.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you would measure PDF Expert's Hebrew support. Like most PDF annotation apps, PDF Expert does not create documents. How accurately a Hebrew text PDF is generated would depend on the app that created the PDF (or generated it from another document).

Readdle does have a PDF Coneverter app as well, but I don't have any documents to test.

The only other think I can think of is support for the text tool. PDF Expert supports all the iOS system keyboards, including Hebrew, and right-to-left text entry when appropriate. Switching between languages is as easy as switching between touch keyboards.

image.jpeg

Readdle has a support page where you should be able to get better answers than I can provide. Readdle

OP
B

bifer6180531

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you would measure PDF Expert's Hebrew support. Like most PDF annotation apps, PDF Expert does not create documents. How accurately a Hebrew text PDF is generated would depend on the app that created the PDF (or generated it from another document).

Readdle does have a PDF Coneverter app as well, but I don't have any documents to test.

The only other think I can think of is support for the text tool. PDF Expert supports all the iOS system keyboards, including Hebrew, and right-to-left text entry when appropriate. Switching between languages is as easy as switching between touch keyboards.

View attachment 72120

Readdle has a support page where you should be able to get better answers than I can provide. Readdle
THANKS! I understand that this app supports well Hebrew typing text. I would happy to know if PDF Expert 5 supports also Hebrew handwriting, and there's an option to annotate PDF documents in Hebrew with the apple pencil on ipad pro? Is there an aption to annotate internet pages in HTML format?
Thanks in advance!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Handwriting is handwriting. You're making marks on the document, not much different than if you were using a real pen on paper. There is no Hebrew, English, or any other language support involved. Quality depends on your handwriting, though it can take a bit of practice to get used the glass screen's lack of friction. In my experience there is a tendency to slide the pen on start and stop, which makes for leading/lagging edges to the characters. Nothing that can't be compensated for by slowwing down and being a bit more deliberate.

If you're looking for handwriting recognition, then PDF Expert does not have it, for any language.

PDF Expert does not work on HTML. It only works with PDF files. If you want to mark up a web page, you would have to convert it to a PDF document first.

image.png

OP
B

bifer6180531

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Handwriting is handwriting. You're making marks on the document, not much different than if you were using a real pen on paper. There is no Hebrew, English, or any other language support involved. Quality depends on your handwriting, though it can take a bit of practice to get used the glass screen's lack of friction. In my experience there is a tendency to slide the pen on start and stop, which makes for leading/lagging edges to the characters. Nothing that can't be compensated for by slowwing down and being a bit more deliberate.

If you're looking for handwriting recognition, then PDF Expert does not have it, for any language.

PDF Expert does not work on HTML. It only works with PDF files. If you want to mark up a web page, you would have to convert it to a PDF document first.

View attachment 72235
Thanks you for the reply. I understand that PDF Expert 5 is supporting Hebrew for typing text (also, can searching text in Hebrew?). And because the handwriting in this app is not a live text, but curves, it supports all languages. Right?Then it's good app for me.
Do you use GoodReader also? Can you tell me what GoodReader can do with PDFs that PDF Expert 5 can't do, and what PDF Expert 5 can do with Pdfs that GoodReader can't do? Can GoodReader annotate and marks HTML pages from the internet and DOC documentes from MS WORD, or only view and read them?

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've never tried Hebrew search, but since it's just a text string search I don't see why it would not work.

As far as PDF annotiation, PDF Expert and GoodReader are similarly capable. I prefer the tools menus and layout of PDF Expert.

PDF Expert has more tools for removing, combining, merging, and deleting pages in a PDF document. By this I mean entire pages, not text and or other content on a page, but the entire page. It's like being able to tear printed documents apart and recombine them as new documents.

GoodReader has more file level tools. It's good for storing, moving, and (to a limited extent) displaying file types other than PDF. If you need to move a bunch of files around, or zip/unzip them, GoodReader is a good choice. I keep it around because of this versatility. It's like a swiss army knife for files on the iPad. At one point I considered it an essential tool on the iPad. Now, with iCloud drive and other improvements it's just a nice-to-have-just-incase app.

If you need to keep multiple documents formats organized by project (say some related audio, Word, PDF, and PowerPoint), then Documents by Readle is a good choice. If you have both PDF Expert and Documents you get all the annotation power of PDF Expert in the Documents app. Otherwise you only get the more basic annotation tools.

OP
B

bifer6180531

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never tried Hebrew search, but since it's just a text string search I don't see why it would not work.

As far as PDF annotiation, PDF Expert and GoodReader are similarly capable. I prefer the tools menus and layout of PDF Expert.

PDF Expert has more tools for removing, combining, merging, and deleting pages in a PDF document. By this I mean entire pages, not text and or other content on a page, but the entire page. It's like being able to tear printed documents apart and recombine them as new documents.

GoodReader has more file level tools. It's good for storing, moving, and (to a limited extent) displaying file types other than PDF. If you need to move a bunch of files around, or zip/unzip them, GoodReader is a good choice. I keep it around because of this versatility. It's like a swiss army knife for files on the iPad. At one point I considered it an essential tool on the iPad. Now, with iCloud drive and other improvements it's just a nice-to-have-just-incase app.

If you need to keep multiple documents formats organized by project (say some related audio, Word, PDF, and PowerPoint), then Documents by Readle is a good choice. If you have both PDF Expert and Documents you get all the annotation power of PDF Expert in the Documents app. Otherwise you only get the more basic annotation tools.

Thank you for so informative reply. Your knowledg invaluable. I saw Documents 5 app in the Appstore ant it's free. Doe's Documents 5 app suport Hebrew like PDF Expert 5?
Doe's GoodReader support Hebrew like PDF Expert for fill in and sign PDF documents?
Doe's only OneNote allow annotate HTML pages from internet and PPT presentation and ,while recordin a lecture?

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you for so informative reply. Your knowledg invaluable. I saw Documents 5 app in the Appstore ant it's free. Doe's Documents 5 app suport Hebrew like PDF Expert 5?
Doe's GoodReader support Hebrew like PDF Expert for fill in and sign PDF documents?
Doe's only OneNote allow annotate HTML pages from internet and PPT presentation and ,while recordin a lecture?

Documents 5 is similar to PDF Expert. They are both by Readdle. Documents has more file compatibility and managment options. PDF Expert has more PDF annotation and editing. If you get both, you get all the features of both. They even store the documents in the same iCloud Drive folder.

GoodReader has allmost all the same tools and abilities as PDF Expert, and would handle Hebrew about the same way. I just don't like the tool layout and menues as much. They are harder to use, in my oppinion.

I've barely used OneNote. Wasn't even aware it could annotate PowerPoint and HTML. It's not the only app that can do those things, but I'm not familiear enough with any of them (including OneNote) to make recomendations; esspecialy when it comes to Hebrew Compatibilty.

Most reactions

Latest posts