What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ABC shows some sneak peaks at a few iPad apps

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They had an iPad as the focus of Modern Family, and even showed one. And the reviews are coming out hot and heavy, very positive.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty neat.. However, I don't think we have even scratched the surface of what the iPad will be capable of.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amazing video let us see we be right to adopt this device ....

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today from Gizmodo:
The first iPad reviews are in and so far they're sounding pretty great with very few reservations. Here are the highlights of what the early reviewers are saying:

The WSJ's Walt Mossberg is in love with the iPad's interface and design:
The iPad is an advance in making more-sophisticated computing possible via a simple touch interface on a slender, light device. Only time will tell if it's a real challenger to the laptop and netbook.

USA Today's Edward Baig was impressed:
Apple has pretty much nailed it with this first iPad, though there's certainly room for improvement. Nearly three years after making a splash with the iPhone, Apple has delivered another impressive product that largely lives up to the hype.

NYT's David Pogue was sure to clarify just where the device excels:
The iPad is not a laptop. It's not nearly as good for creating stuff. On the other hand, it's infinitely more convenient for consuming it - books, music, video, photos, Web, e-mail and so on. For most people, manipulating these digital materials directly by touching them is a completely new experience - and a deeply satisfying one.

PC Mag's Tim Gideon also realizes the iPad's limitations, but praises it nonetheless:
Is the iPad a perfect product? No. And the omissions will give the anti-Apple crowd plenty of ammo. Why do I need this extra device that's not a full-fledged laptop? Where's the camera? What about Flash? Um, how about multitasking? These are all valid complaints, but one thing I can say about most Apple products, and certainly the iPad: There may be things it doesn't do, but what it does do, it does remarkably well. Aside from the aforementioned limitations, there isn't a lot else to gripe about. And to my great surprise, you can actually get real work done with the iPad.

The Houston Chronicle's Bob "Dr. Mac" LeVitus agrees with our thoughts that the iPad is a whole new category of mobile devices:
It turns out the iPad isn't as much a laptop replacement as I thought (though it could easily be used as one). Instead, it's an entirely new category of mobile device. For example, now when I want to surf the Web from the couch or back deck, the iPad is the device I choose. Starbucks? Same thing. Think of the iPad as a new arrow in your technology quiver, an arrow that will often be the best tool for a given task.
I had high expectations for the iPad, and it has met or exceeded most of them.

BoingBoing's Xeni Jardin was thinking ahead while trying out the device:
Maybe the most exciting thing about iPad is the apps that aren't here yet. The book-film-game hybrid someone will bust out in a year, redefining the experience of each, and suggesting some new nouns and verbs in the process. Or an augmented reality lens from NASA that lets you hold the thing up to the sky and pinpoint where the ISS is, next to what constellation, read the names and see the faces of the crew members, check how those fuel cells are holding up.
I like it a lot. But it's the things I never knew it made possible - to be revealed or not in the coming months - that will determine whether I love it.

The Chicago Sun-Times' Andy Ihnatko thought the iPad lived up to all the excitement and hype:
The iPad user experience is instantly compelling and elegant. It's not every computer and every function. It's a computer that's designed for speed, mobility, and tactile interaction above all other considerations.

The Root's Omar Wasow thinks the iPad has something for everyone:
Apple pulled off a remarkable balancing act in that it has designed the iPad in such a way that in can simultaneously appeal to both newbies and nerds. For low-tech users looking for an affordable entry-level PC, the iPad is a computer without all the distractions. [...] For the tech-savvy with $500 to drop on a gadget, the iPad offers a convenient way to consume and enjoy digital media without being tethered to a computer all day.

Last edited:

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That really the more accurate article i read about iPad , this is be change from all the article we read some weeks ago .....

the iPad will lead the computing world

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

iserian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's all relative - As long as you don't expect too much all will be good. E-reader - sure and maybe even a very good one. An office productivity tool - probably not.

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's all relative - As long as you don't expect too much all will be good. E-reader - sure and maybe even a very good one. An office productivity tool - probably not.

Are you serious? Have you used an iPod Touch or iPhone, have you seen any of the office apps in the app store or even tried any?

So often I'm seeing comments made about obvious things that are already capable on an iPhone let alone an iPad, even the reviewers missed half the boat, there is a whole ocean of ability for the iPad out there. Things I already do on my iPhone most people can't fathom or attempt on their net-book or laptop, they see the iPad as a consumption of data device, I see it as an open canvas.

Just the remote access software like vnc and rdp from various app store dev's and all the other productivity apps in the app store, half alone just working on the iPad makes it much more than a lot of people give credit.

Personally I'm tired of hearing about Flash and camera or multitasking, they all sound like jealous fools that just dont grasp the concept of what the iPad is or will be.

I should make a video once I get my iPad, just to show everyone that is not sure what can be done and point out some of the less obvious items, while demonstrating some of the more elaborate than just reading ebooks.

/rant

LMControl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You must be reading different reviews than I'm reading ...

8 Things That Suck About the iPad - apple ipad - Gizmodo

They had an iPad as the focus of Modern Family, and even showed one. And the reviews are coming out hot and heavy, very positive.

Yeah, how about checking out the date on that "review" you refer to. It was Gizmodo's hit piece that was released less than 2 hours after the Jan. 27 announcement. Without ever holding one, let alone using one they were trying to run it down.

Gizmodo hates Apple and if you notice don't do much of anything but complain about Apple and it's users. The actual reviews coming in from respected journalists (i.e. not part time bloggers in their parents basement) in the technology field are quite positive.

Most reactions

Latest posts