What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A visit to Best Buy

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hadn't been to Best Buy for awhile because of my surgery, so I took a few minutes to check it out. They had some original iPads, 3G, 64 GB, for $679. There was a Xoom display and I played around with it. The main thing I noticed was that the dang thing was bulky even compared to my iPad. It may not have been any heavier, it sure felt bulky. Controls and functions seemed not as smooth as the iPad, but I did not have a lot of time with it. What surprise me was how much difference the iPad 2 felt from the original iPad. The minor weight difference was like night and day. It even gave the impression of being smaller. Not a scientific exam, but often first impressions mean a lot to many. It makes me real interested in how the iPad 3 is going to improve on the 2.

Stephen777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually was about to buy the new iPad until I saw the size of the screen. It got smaller :l I like the larger screen on the original iPad.

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stephen777 said:
I actually was about to buy the new iPad until I saw the size of the screen. It got smaller :l I like the larger screen on the original iPad.

+1 for Stephen's observation

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The screen is the exact same one as the iPad original, it just has less border around it. To me, that is awesome that it is the same, but feels smaller. The length is only a 1/20" less, the width is 1/6" less. The biggest difference is that it is 1/3 less than the original. That makes a huge difference from my impression.

One of the biggest issues to my experience is that either iPad is really compact. It is only when you add a cover, case, or skin that we begin to bulk it up. I think that has been my biggest issue with my iPad is feeling guilty that I take away from it's beauty by making it bulkier. Right now, I just have a plastic screen protector that fits on back during use.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts