What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little point to game developers

Manchoa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.catarsis.eu
Most of the games i played on iPad work perfectly. But some of them are done "upside down" somewhy and some of them do not allow to rotate the pic. African Safari, for instance, can be played only on wrong psotion so I. cant use it when iPad stand on the Smart cover. Thr are some pther games, that have problem or start u at the wrong direction....

Sent from Tommy's iPad2 using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely - it's a big deal moving from portrait to landscape and many developers feel the technical effort involved is not justified, or that the game will not work appropriately in another orientation. It's not just a matter of noting the orientation from the iOS API, there's a lot - could be a very great deal - of work needed to re-orientate the image so that it fits appropriately in the new orientation.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can see not supporting portrait for some applications (mostly games), but they should definitely let you turn the iPad upside down. If for no other reason, so that the volume buttons are on top and easier to get to. :)

OP
Manchoa

Manchoa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.catarsis.eu
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Absolutely - it's a big deal moving from portrait to landscape and many developers feel the technical effort involved is not justified, or that the game will not work appropriately in another orientation. It's not just a matter of noting the orientation from the iOS API, there's a lot - could be a very great deal - of work needed to re-orientate the image so that it fits appropriately in the new orientation.

Tim

acatually, i did not mean landscape vs portrait. I mean the same orientation but upside down. The "correct" orientation for landscape is home button on left. You cant connect smart cover to other side. But there are applications, that start or even work only with homescreen on the right.

Sent from Tommy's iPad2 using iPF

Most reactions