What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Journal that will sync between two ipads

duane518

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently use IJournal on my Ipad 3 and Ipad mini. Everything I enter in my Ipad3 I have to also enter in my mini ipad.
Is there a good journal that will sync between two ipads?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you write to the app developer and request they add this feature? It sounds like a perfect use of iCloud.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
I currently use "Day One". Not free, but it sync's up between my iPhone, iPad and my MBP. Rather than detail what is written on their site, here is their site: Day One | A simple Journal for iPhone, iPad and Mac App Store

Like I said, it is not free, but it works well and the sync is flawless. My thing was that it was simple to set up, use and sync between devices. I am using it for short snippets of text (like a personal twitter) though you can do full on journaling with it and add photos and more.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You might try Day One. I own this app but only recently started with two iPad, so I'm not 100% sure it syncs, but I see something that leads me to believe it does.

Edit: Yes, Day One does sync. Just verified. You need to turn on the iCloud Sync.

Opps: Didn't see Somerled's post until after I typed this! Oh well.

Last edited:
OP
D

duane518

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Day One seems to be the most popular. I haven't used dropbox yet, but I'll give it a try and see if
I can figure it out.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
You can use iCloud without needing to set up DropBox. No extra settings to worry about using iCloud and Day One. I just switched mine to see what would happen and everything stays sync'd.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Somerled said:
I currently use "Day One". Not free, but it sync's up between my iPhone, iPad and my MBP. Rather than detail what is written on their site, here is their site: Day One | A simple Journal for iPhone, iPad and Mac App Store

Like I said, it is not free, but it works well and the sync is flawless. My thing was that it was simple to set up, use and sync between devices. I am using it for short snippets of text (like a personal twitter) though you can do full on journaling with it and add photos and more.

Thank you for this. I had been wanting to replace MD with a journal app that can sync between iOS devices and Day One works perfectly.

Most reactions

Latest posts