What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A better email app?

Billee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm tired of deleting my emails one at a time.

Does anyone know of another iPad email app that would solve that problem?

(I'm on a pop3 email server)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the 3 ways of deleting I can think of are one at a time, ticking a group and deleting, or deleting all. the first 2 are covered in the stock app. A jailbreak tweak called "DeleteMail" provides the third one, if you are interested and able to JB.

Not aware of any superior alternative email clients, sorry.

Hope that helps.

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Billee said:
I'm tired of deleting my emails one at a time.

Does anyone know of another iPad email app that would solve that problem?

(I'm on a pop3 email server)

Don't you read them one at a time first?

I've always used gmail, for both personal and business use, and I find going straight on Safari is as good as anything. Mind, only because it's already there, the mail app is used for a quick look at all the inboxes at once.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
But, to answer your question, no there is no alternative mail app that will do what you want. Well, at least not one for a generic POP account. You might find something for GMail or Yahoo. We are all waiting to for some developer to turn out a full(er) featured mail app for the iPad, but nothing yet.

Some new features for the Mail app are coming this fall in iOS 5, but I don't know if improved select and delete are part of it.

If your mail account has a web site, then try visiting it using Safari. Many of these sites work fairly well on the iPad. This should work (well enough) for those time you need to delete bulk amounts of email.

AdAbro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well you don't have to delete them one at a time! Just go to your list of mails on the pop up window on your left and press edit on the top left corner (might be top right corner....forgot). Then tap the email you want to delete and there should be a red dot appearing on the message. After you selected them press delete! I'm not sure if that's what you ment but I hoped this helped! :)

HFrench

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me Too!

I am also looking for a better mail app for my ipad. I do not need to read each message since I have already read a lot of them when they "popped" onto my office desktop computer. I only use my ipad when I am not in my office and need to check "today's" messages only then delete all. Yes...you can go into edit and mark each message then press delete once but still looking for a delete all option.

Also looking for a better calendar app too since the default calendar on ipad does not use color coding and I can't distinguish different appointments like I can on Outlook.

cwinter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it's been almost a year since this thread has been started, but perhaps there are no insights, so I'll give my frustrations with both Mail and Gmail and post what I'd like to see in a Mail app. I use only Gmail for personal mail and the Mail and Gmail app are lacking some functionality:

Mail
- Cannot include attachments
- Cannot archive and delete messages very well
- Does not support multiple labels

Gmail
- Does not allow download of attachments (photos), must open in Safari to do so.
- Does not work with notification center

Some of these functions seem rather basic that I'm surprised this is an issue. I'm particularly disappointed how basic the Mail app is. Is it just Gmail specific that you cannot include attachments or a Gmail with Mail issue?

Anyway, any suggestions for a superior mail app, particularly for Gmail would be appreciated.

Thanks!

BMWrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out the latest version of ibisMail. It now works well with Pop accounts and should meet most of your needs.

Most reactions

Latest posts