What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A 2UINique iPad Theme - Winterboard

Malikor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for this! Can't wait for my iPad to get here, gonna install this for sure :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I tried to go through ifile to modify the image of the status bar but I can't find the file that's the status bar, the creator doesn't call it status bar and there are so many images I don't know which one it is.

I'm not even sure if this is the right procedure.

I'm guessing com.apple.springboard has to be accessed through the computer?

Sorry complete noob here. Thanks.

You could access that folder on your computer using something like iFunbox. It's a free program that allows you full access to a jail broken iPad. You have to connect the iPad to the computer, but I have found it to be the best way to browse the iPad.

Or, you can use iFile ($4.99, USD), which is a fabulous tweak from Cydia that allows you to browse your file system from the iPad yourself. Very handy app and, for its functionality, a very good deal.

I must caution you about using tweaks that allow you access to the iPad file system. Until you learn what things are and what they do, be VERY cautious about changing or deleting things. The iPad's a great thing, but you mess up some code - you're looking at a restore. Just FYI...

That's why I like to use Winterboard themes to mod the iPad. The theme is a layer over the firmware and you don't mess up. Heck, the worst you can do, when playing around/inside the theme folder, is make it not work (then you just go back to Cydia and reinstall it, no harm, no foul). So, at the start, just stay in the Themes directory of your iPad (/var/stash/Themes/[Your there's Name]).

Enough rambling, eh? :) So, have a browse in the theme itself using one of these two tools. And, I believe I told you wrong - start in the UIImages folder of the theme (the address to get to the theme folders will be /var/stash/Themes/[Your Theme's Name]/UIImages). And, I'm sorry, but you'll just have to look for anything that may mention the status bar. Or, use Google to see if you can find the name. There are so many files ... Good luck.

Marilyn

Debbie12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could access that folder on your computer using something like iFunbox. It's a free program that allows you full access to a jail broken iPad. You have to connect the iPad to the computer, but I have found it to be the best way to browse the iPad.

Or, you can use iFile ($4.99, USD), which is a fabulous tweak from Cydia that allows you to browse your file system from the iPad yourself. Very handy app and, for its functionality, a very good deal.

I must caution you about using tweaks that allow you access to the iPad file system. Until you learn what things are and what they do, be VERY cautious about changing or deleting things. The iPad's a great thing, but you mess up some code - you're looking at a restore. Just FYI...

That's why I like to use Winterboard themes to mod the iPad. The theme is a layer over the firmware and you don't mess up. Heck, the worst you can do, when playing around/inside the theme folder, is make it not work (then you just go back to Cydia and reinstall it, no harm, no foul). So, at the start, just stay in the Themes directory of your iPad (/var/stash/Themes/[Your there's Name]).

Enough rambling, eh? :) So, have a browse in the theme itself using one of these two tools. And, I believe I told you wrong - start in the UIImages folder of the theme (the address to get to the theme folders will be /var/stash/Themes/[Your Theme's Name]/UIImages). And, I'm sorry, but you'll just have to look for anything that may mention the status bar. Or, use Google to see if you can find the name. There are so many files ... Good luck.

Marilyn

Thank you again Marilyn for your response.

So I have both ifunbox and ifile and used ifile and went into my theme folder but unfortunately the theme creator didn't call the status bar "status bar" in the UIImages :(. I used the ifile search feature and also scrolling. There are a ton of images in this theme and I viewed a bunch and found some that may look like status bar but it wasn't. I didn't delete the file, I modified the file name to make it inoperable but apparently I didn't find the correct file so I went back in and changed the name back so it's working again. Ive been trying to find out what other name they would use for "status bar" in their naming but no luck.

It hasn't been too bad when the reading (like the first night) but I would still like it changed.

Thanks again.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One time, when I had a problem with a theme element being too dark, I e-mailed the developer for help. He was very nice and sent me back a modified image. So, maybe you could ask the developer - even if it's just for the name of the image so you can modify it yourself? All I can think of, short of looking through every file in that theme.

Sorry.

Marilyn

Debbie12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One time, when I had a problem with a theme element being too dark, I e-mailed the developer for help. He was very nice and sent me back a modified image. So, maybe you could ask the developer - even if it's just for the name of the image so you can modify it yourself? All I can think of, short of looking through every file in that theme.

Sorry.

Marilyn

Hmm I thought about that but no clue how to find the developer, lol. I saw that one of them had a twitter but I don't twitter. I'll see if I can find another way to contact them.

Thanks.

jemyclarke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In this site most interesting part is that we can lots of themes of different colors and shapes for our iPad. Just few minutes ago, I have seen platinum type theme from your site. Here some pictures attract me a lot for downloading this theme.

Most reactions

Latest posts