What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carla for iPad (Winterboard)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Carla for iPad (Winterboard) - Paid

Cydia Description: Carla meets the big screen. Carla for iPad brings to your iPad a fresh and renewed look. It’s a complete theme with:

Custom Icons for all the stock iOS apps.
New icons for many Cydia and AppStore Apps
Auto-mask for the App Store apps
Renewed UI
Skinned apps
ColorKeyboard Theme
Zeppelin Logo
FolderIcons Theme
Custom Wallpapers
And like everybody else, Carla has her secrets too!

Carla is a paid theme ($2.99, USD) for ALL iPad models and has just been updated to run on iOS 6. You can get Carla for iPad (Retina) for the iPad3 and iPad4 and Carla for iPad (SD) for the iPad1, iPad2 and the Mini. Regardless which theme you get, its chock full of “extras.â€

The “extras†are themes for ColorKeyboard, NCSettings and SBSettings. What I like is that the theme is broken down into separate sections, so you can decide (via Winterboard) to use the theme on the Lockscreen, the springboard (icons only or with a full UI theme), the status bar, etc.

Here are some screen shots of Carla running on my iPad3; here’s the very simple theming of the lockscreen:

LockScreen_zps2cde700e.png

Here is my main homescreen (you can also see that Gridlock is working fine :)). The wallpaper is included in the theme:

HomeScreen_zpsbd7af449.png

Here’s the Notes app:

Notes_zps941ee188.png

And, here’s a shot of SBSettings. As I was editing it (in Skitch, naturally :)), I grabbed a shot of the pop-up UI to show how it’s also themed.

SBSettingsampPopUp_zps8e00289e.png

Lastly, a shot of the iMessage interface and Carla’s ColorKeyboard theme:

iMessage_zps9f8d3c85.png

I find this to be a classy, understated UI with very detailed icons. In fact, I usually only use themes for the icons; I strip all the UI theming pieces out. This theme is the first theme that I am using to its fullest because I like the subtleness of the UI theming.

As you can see, the detail is incredible and, since it works on all iPads (including the Mini) - it’ll look great on yours. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. :)

Happy theming!

Marilyn

sexycdn2006

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you not use themes if iPad mini is not jail broke? I would LOVE to use a theme like this but clueless as to how to go abouts doing it........any help would be great thanks

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you not use themes if iPad mini is not jail broke? I would LOVE to use a theme like this but clueless as to how to go abouts doing it........any help would be great thanks

No, I'm afraid you cannot put a theme on a stock iPad, Mini or otherwise. These type of modifications or tweaking can only be done on a jail broken device. Sorry.

Marilyn

Siren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This was my favorite ipad theme. Are there any plans on updating this for the new JB 7.x?? I hate the stock IOS feel and miss Carla!!

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Update from @WinfisDesign's Twitter says that Carla for iOS 7 should be out in a few days.

6xTgM.png

Most reactions