What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4.1 Jailbreak possible ?

Black_Creek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At this time not! Do do not update if you need jailbreak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not possible. Apple patched 4 exploits that TaiG used. Only a matter of time though, but I'd say they'd rather save it for an iOS 9 jailbreak which be coming relatively soon, though it's hard to tell considering how competitive the scene is and whether or not you have a whole PP debacle again.

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sheesh, looks like I barely squeezed by... I just upgraded my phone and iPad two days ago.

Inertia rulez! :)

Nepheler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't find any way to break 8.4.1, just regret to get it updated :(

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS 8.4.1 patched 4 of the exploits used in the iOS 8.4 jailbreak. It back to the waiting game for the next jailbreak. Right now, iOS 8.4 is still being signed so it's possible to go back to iOS 8.4 if you've just updated.

zuluwhiskeyfox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If Apple is still signing 8.4 .... How does one go about updating to 8.4? I'm using a Mac.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If Apple is still signing 8.4 .... How does one go about updating to 8.4? I'm using a Mac.
If you wish to downgrade to iOS 8.4, backup your device first, just in case. Then you'll need to download the software to your computer. Make sure it's the right version, or you won't be able to install it.
That done, open iTunes and connect your device to it. Open the Summary page and hold down Option/Alt (Shift) while clicking at "Restore iPad". This will let you choose the file you uploaded. Your device will be restored to iOS 8.4.

zuluwhiskeyfox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance. But you download "The Software" what software? Where I go to get this software?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance. But you download "The Software" what software? Where I go to get this software?
The software is iOS 8.4. You can find download links on various sites, here's one of them:
https://ipsw.me/8.4

As stated before: make sure you get the right version for your device.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

zuluwhiskeyfox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I successfully brought an iPhone 4s, and an iPad 3 from 7.0.6 to 8.4. Then proceeded to jailbreak both. I got the ipsw files from Redmond Pie.

Most reactions

Latest posts