What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6.1.3 Upgrade Has Slowed Down My iPad????

Panama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not do upgrades until I feel that all the issues are behind us. I am not technically good enough to deal with problems and figure out how to fix them. I recently upgraded to the 6.1.3 and I am pretty sure my iPad operates at a slower speed. I have an iPad2. There is no way for me to put a stopwatch on it but I use it a lot and am quite sure this upgrade slowed my machine down. Has anybody else experienced this and also what can I do?? Many Thanks.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you installed any new apps recently? What features are turned on? Just checking. Is everything exactly the same from when you upgraded the OS? How long has it been since you did a reset? That's worthwhile to do.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes as s2mikey has said, a reset is a good idea here.......it's also a recommended step after updating your iPad, just helps everything settle in nicely.

Let us know if it does make a difference for you.

OP
Panama

Panama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the reset. Good idea anyway because I did not know I needed to do one after the upgrade to 6.1.3. I do not notice that it helped any though. I just did the upgrade a couple of days ago and was wondering if anybody else experienced this. I thought maybe the upgrade had my iPad doing more in the background and therefore was the reason for it being slower. Now that I have used it more I think the problem lies with the slowness of Safari since my upgrade, and the issue I am having with slowness of Safari since then might not have anything at all to do with the upgrade. It could be an anomaly related to something else entirely. Thanks for the suggestions. I needed to do a reset anyway and did not know to do it after an upgrade.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I did the reset. Good idea anyway because I did not know I needed to do one after the upgrade to 6.1.3. I do not notice that it helped any though. I just did the upgrade a couple of days ago and was wondering if anybody else experienced this. I thought maybe the upgrade had my iPad doing more in the background and therefore was the reason for it being slower. Now that I have used it more I think the problem lies with the slowness of Safari since my upgrade, and the issue I am having with slowness of Safari since then might not have anything at all to do with the upgrade. It could be an anomaly related to something else entirely. Thanks for the suggestions. I needed to do a reset anyway and did not know to do it after an upgrade.

Safari collects data from every website you have ever visited.....if you'd like to see go to Settings - Safari - Advanced - Website Data. You can elect to delete it here or just delete your Cookies and Data and Clear your History......Settings - Safari.

This will clear some ram by doing this and should make your iPad more responsive. Although you will lose any automatic logins you may have but these are easy to set up again.

Closing your apps completely regularly, doing a restart occasionally and a reset will keep your iPad running well.

Hope this helps!

OP
Panama

Panama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You folks are great. I have learned so much reading at this site. I would not like the iPad nearly as much without your forum. Thank you.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's always really nice to receive positive feedback for the Forum.......thank you both! ;)

Most reactions