What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5-row keyboard?

Diablo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased an installed the app but now I dont see the tab for emoji characters (i think thats what its called). How can I get that back using the 5-row keyboeard?

Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emoji is a separate thing. IF you have an emoji keyboard enabled then it will appear on the 5-Row Keyboard, just as it will appear on the stock keyboard.

I think there is a free emoji enabler in Cydia, but I don't know it's status (I purchased an App Store app which enables it when I first got my iPhone, so can always use that).

Have a look in Cydia, and maybe others can chip in?

Eaglenest608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just purchased this, installed it and did not see it in winterboard. I rebooted my ipad 2and still cannot locate it. Any ideas? Oh, and i did reinstall it as well to no avail. Thanks for any help.

Eaglenest608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is not there. The instructions on the app page say to go to winterboard first in order to enable it within the settings area that you just mentioned. That is why I posted because it is not showing up in either place yet it is installed. Could it have something to do with the new Skype beta that I have installed?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Eaglenest608 said:
It is not there. The instructions on the app page say to go to winterboard first in order to enable it within the settings area that you just mentioned. That is why I posted because it is not showing up in either place yet it is installed. Could it have something to do with the new Skype beta that I have installed?

No. It's pobably just that the download / install failed and you didn't notice. Go back into Cydia and pick the package again. Does it say "install" or "reinstall" ? No matter which, choose either of these options and give it another go. It should then appear in Winterboard. Nothing else you have installed should be interfering with it.

Eaglenest608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went back into Cydia and uninstalled the package. I then rebooted my device following which I uninstalled Winterboard which caused another reboot. I once again installed Winterboard which prompted another reboot and then installed the keyboard for ipad. I rebooted one more time and when I went into Winterboard, I was finally able to find it. Thanks to all who replied with help...it is greatly appreciated!

Most reactions

Latest posts