What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.2 When?

iamfudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been out of the loop on the iPad updates,  news, etc. Do we have a date of when we will see ios4.2 for iPad? I thought I heard something this summer saying "Fall" or November?
Thanks.

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In terms of corporations, the 30th is still November ;)
That's how it's played at my company.
But maybe apple is a little more consumer friendly :)

superdudeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a bit slack to be honest. Taking this long to get multitasking out for iPad is ridiculous. My iphone has had it for a while now.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Take longer means less bugs which means less fixes which means happier people.

When it comes to software and especially operating systems, I would rather the developers take the extra time.

I have noticed (as a developer myself) the people screaming for the updates to come out early are also the first in line to complain when the early release doesn't work 100%.

Remember, while the iPad is BASED off the iPhone's OS, it is a different animal that has a lot of rewritten code to cover the new hardware in the iPad.

Relax, the update will come. Besides, how many of the "I want it now" crowd will be screaming for the JB the day after iOS4 for iPad is released...

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a bit slack to be honest. Taking this long to get multitasking out for iPad is ridiculous. My iphone has had it for a while now.

Actually, I tend to agree with this. Multitasking should have come with the original OS.

Having said that however I'm still quite pleased with the current OS. When the new one comes out if it has multitasking that will be great. I can wait on it.

lanimae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not being able to create folders is a pain. You're all right about being less buggy with proper development. It's not as if the release of the iPad was a shock to Apple? I just thought they'd have made sure it all worked at least as good as the iPhone. I was surprised yesterday when I started up the brand new iPad and the version was 3.2.2 Is that really the latest version?

sdf34sdf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is that really the latest version?

Yes it is. With the ipad apple skips all other 4.x versions and directly jumps to 4.2
I really miss the iPhone style features. I'm using categories and for multitasking proswitcher but I'm hoping 4.2 will be out soon in November.

timfountain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know, I am not even sure if I will upgrade when iOS4 comes out. I do not use the multitasking feature on my 3GS iPhone and the hit to battery life has been painful. If the iPad suffers the same degradation in battery life then I will not do it. If I do upgrade, I will wait 3 to 6 months for all the real bugs to be worked out.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using the iOS 4.2 beta (now in its 3rd generation) literally since the day it came out and I have not noticed any degradation in the battery life of my iPad.

lanimae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I got my iphone 4 teh difference between it and my 3gs in terms of battery life was amazing. It lasts uch longer than my old phone and i use multi tasking all the time. I've really missed it on the Ipad. I hate the keyboard too. I hate it on my phone but I really hate it on my iPad. It's hopeless so I use the bluetooth apple KB. I'll get a foldup one for travel. Iam eager to upgrade. I'm also eager to tether. I might not upgraxde the phone and use it for data. I never ever use the data on the phone otherwise.

rmart73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes is telling me my version is the current one 3.2.2 and that it will check again on nov 4 2010... could that be a hint...

Most reactions

Latest posts