What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3G connection speeds

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last night my wife asked me if our Internet service was improved any. AT&T gave her an upgrade to our DSL service that was too good to pass on. However the last time we tried to upgrade, we found out that the system would not support it, and we made them refund the upgrade. They said the system was upgraded. I got to wondering about it, so I did the test on my iPad.

First off, I am using Speedtest.net. I have found our old setup had speeds around 1.3-1.5 Mbps. I was now seeing numbers around 2.4 Mbps. I also found that going to the site on my iPad, cause it to recognize the iPhone OS and now I have a nice app for testing with. What was real interesting is that today, running on 3G, I am seeing about 2.9 Mbps. My work connection is 5.1 Mbps, BTW. Since I live out in the country, I don't mind the slower speeds, but it is nice that my 3G is so fast.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
That is a fast 3G speed, I sure don't get that on my iPhone where i live. We just got 3G about 6 months ago out here, and I did not see all that much over Edge....

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends on what part of the house I'm in but I can get anywhere between 1 - 3 mb per second on 3G.

Most reactions