What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.2.1 to 4.2.1

Ryans80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I recently just bought a iPad 1 on 3.2 can I update to 4.2 without updating to 4.3 if so how thanks for any help.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I recently just bought a iPad 1 on 3.2 can I update to 4.2 without updating to 4.3 if so how thanks for any help.

No - this is not possible. Apple does not allow updating to 'legacy' versions of iOS. So you'll need to go to 4.3.1 or stay with 3.2.

Tim
Scotland

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
IOS 4.3 has every IOS 4.2.1 had and more anyway so just go for IOS 4.3.1

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gunny008 said:
IOS 4.3 has every IOS 4.2.1 had and more anyway so just go for IOS 4.3.1

Yeah but theres a big difference. ;-) 4.2.1 has an untethered jailbreak already out. 4.3.1 doesn't. Plus most users posting the upgrade to 4.3 didn't do much. As far as safari speeds go, its only seen on java heavy websites. The speed increase is not all around. Plus I use atomic or icab browsers which have been wayy faster thn safari was originally anyways. iMO not enough reason for me to update from 4.2.1 and lose my jailbreak n all my tweaks n apps. Now ios5 may be a different beast all together.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

sapong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
No - this is not possible. Apple does not allow updating to 'legacy' versions of iOS. So you'll need to go to 4.3.1 or stay with 3.2.

Tim
Scotland

Hi i'm new having an iPad 4.2.1
How do i update it into a 4.3.1 ?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim
Scotland

Hi i'm new having an iPad 4.2.1
How do i update it into a 4.3.1 ?

This was posted some time ago - you'll now have to go to 4.3.3. Apple doesn't support upgrades to earlier versions of iOS. In any case, 4.3.3 has numerous bug fixes, so you'd definitely want to go to that version anyway.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts