What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Ipad

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When registering a 2nd iPad with Itunes how does one keep the names separate, for instance, one name for myself and then the 2nd one for my wife under her name. We do not want two separate credit cards accounts.

Any help will be appreciated.

I have emailed Apple customer service but they have not responded yet.

Al.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can change the name of your iPad to anything you want in iTunes, but be aware that while you can sync several devices to the same library, you can't have separate libraries on the same computer. If you are both going to want access to pretty much the same stuff like books, music, apps, then you can sync them both to the same library and "cherry pick" what each of you wants for your individual iPad. As you can see from this piece of my screen shot, iTunes also automatically makes separate folders for the stuff purchased on each device.

itunes4.jpg

OTOH, my wife really hates my taste in music and books and likewise, I can't stand the stuff she listens to (Who is the Lady GaGa and what is all the fuss about???) so we have separate computers and separate iTunes accounts (but the money comes out of the same bank!) and our lives are much more peaceful that way.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts