What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

use different contacts to sync withn 2nd iphone

mwakoff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Just got the new iPhone and had my wife's old phone (not an iPhone) transferred to my old iPhone. I'trying to sync her gmail contacts with her phone& my gmail contacts. I have one iTunes account to connect to. I cannot get her contacts to sync with her phone; both phones sync my contacts. What am I doing wrong. Her phone has her name and my phone has mine. Any help will be greatly appreciated..

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go into Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and delete the GMail accounts on both phones. Since you have Contacts, you probably have them set up as Exchange accounts. Now add those accounts again, her's on her phone, and your's on your phone. Use the Exchange method shown here: Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device - Google Mobile Help

The Google account settings and your iTunes account have nothing to do with each other. What Apple ID you use will make no difference.

However: You may have set up an iCloud account while you are at it. It is possible to have two iCloud accounts, and they do not need to be the same as the iTunes account. Here is some info on iCloud accounts, in case it is also involved in your problem.

Apple IDs and iCloud
Apple IDs and iCloud

Most reactions