What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 iPads, 1 iPhone and tons of confusion

dpcardoza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have one computer that houses all of our music and a few movies. I have a very large CD collection that I've ripped to my computer. If I've used the itunes match for my library shouldn't I be able to access my music remotely via the cloud or is it only for content that I've purchaced through Itunes. Does anybody else feel like navigating around this cloud thing is like manuevering through IKEA.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Match is only for music bought from iTunes.

At IKEA, I can always find a way to escape. Not so much with iPad and iTunes.

OP
dpcardoza

dpcardoza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then I would wonder what I'm paying $24.99 per year for. The only thing I use iTunes for is apps. iTunes is a rip off for music. I've got to say. I love apple products but iCloud has been disappointing.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't find match worthwhile. I don't buy music from iTunes.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Match isn't only for itunes bought stuff!! Its supposed to 'match' your music sourced from anywhere to the equivalent song on the itunes servers. If it can't match then it will upload a copy from your library for you.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-match/

Kaykaykay you seem to have totally missed the point of itunes match.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Match isn't only for itunes bought stuff!! Its supposed to 'match' your music sourced from anywhere to the equivalent song on the itunes servers. If it can't match then it will upload a copy from your library for you.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-match/

K
aykaykay you seem to have totally missed the point of itunes match.

Thanks for correcting. Still not buying it. I prefer to have my music off the cloud. I also prefer to buy CDs.

OP
dpcardoza

dpcardoza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I preferred cd's to for a long time but its a dying breed. Unless you listen to top 40 or country you can't find anything worth a Crap. Ordering online is okay but when I want an album I hate waiting for 10 days. I just dislike itunes is all. Emusic is much better and cheaper.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have 19,000+ tracks on iCloud, and probably <3000 of those were purchased through iTunes. I've found iTunes match awesome so far and well worth the money. (although it took about 6 days to upload my collection to iCloud).

My music is still on my PC when I need it. It's just that all my devices now have access to all 160GB of music no matter what I choose to store on each device locally.

OP
dpcardoza

dpcardoza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll have to dive deaper into the whole icloud match thing. Seems like the concensus is that it should give me access to my whole library so I can pick and chose what to download onto a device. As its set up now, its most certainly not however. At least I know its capable of it, just have to figure out how

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
How did you set it up in the first place? Turn itunes match on under store - itunes match on itunes (PC/Mac) and it should start analyzing your itunes library.

If your missing lot of songs, is there something common about the ones that are missing (file type, tags etc?)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I preferred cd's to for a long time but its a dying breed. Unless you listen to top 40 or country you can't find anything worth a Crap. Ordering online is okay but when I want an album I hate waiting for 10 days. I just dislike itunes is all. Emusic is much better and cheaper.

I find a lot of good stuff used -- jazz and classics CDs, especially. A lot of stuff I like is by people now dead.

Most reactions

Latest posts