What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st to play with iPad

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Would be interested to hear who first in this group gets their hands on a production iPad to play with, say at an Apple store or if a developer gets one. Assuming they can legally tell us about it. You would think that they would be coming to the stores fairly soon.

codyhinson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey i was in the apple store here in tucson yesterday and I saw a manager i assume come out of the office with a box in a apple bag he put it on the counter briefly i saw the letters on the odd shaped box the first letters were ip it look like the box on the website, i cant say if it was but i suspect the managers are training first then the employees in the stores

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to bug the Apple contact for my work. It would be nice to convince them that we are the place to test iPads in elementery education. And by test I mean they give us like 24 to make a classroom set :).

But ya the do need to give the Apple store face folks time on them before preorders and the final release. I'd expect to see display units out on the floor in key locations come pre-order time. Let people play with guidance and the for the floks that have the cash, impulse order.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad on the road

Sales people need time to familiarise with the device beforehand.

Yeah they will need 5 minutes for made their personal setting's :), and just wait to charge it :ipad-keyboard:

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I need to bug the Apple contact for my work. It would be nice to convince them that we are the place to test iPads in elementery education. And by test I mean they give us like 24 to make a classroom set :).

But ya the do need to give the Apple store face folks time on them before preorders and the final release. I'd expect to see display units out on the floor in key locations come pre-order time. Let people play with guidance and the for the floks that have the cash, impulse order.

I wish my teacher would do that for my class..not in elementary but still it would be nice. I use these old microsoft computers from like 1985..

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish my teacher would do that for my class..not in elementary but still it would be nice. I use these old microsoft computers from like 1985..

Big black floppies?

It all comes down to money in the end. It's unlikely we'd get any that way. For a good amount of extras to bring into the class room these days they key is knowing how to apply for grants. You'll hear about it more at the Universtiy level but there are sometimes organiztations and groups that will give money to schools(or even individual teachers) if they can meet various requirements. There are often other issues as well, such as if the district does not have the technology support staff or budget. IT for schools can be very nasty.

Most reactions

Latest posts