What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st generation iPad - can it run iOS7 or 6?

ngomaichi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
cargamesdownload.info
Hey, guys!

I still have my first gen iPad lying around and was wondering can it be updated to iOS6 or 7. They did discontinue the support so I reckon it is not possible without jailbreaking. My warranty's long gone and you can literally install NONE of the most important apps for me personally (Adobe Reader, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) so I was wondering if there is anyway in updating the device.

I have already jailbroken it and was wondering if I could somehow update it!
Thanks in advance, guys!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See more: bike racing games free

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jailbreaking has never made a difference in changing the latest iOS version that an iOS device can run. The limitation on what is the maximum iOS version that can run on a particular device is a hardware one and not just an arbitrary decision on the part of Apple.

Most reactions

Latest posts