What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12.9” pro screen brightness is changing by itself for no reason

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I get that ios can “read” ambient light and adjust the screen accordingly but I’m noticing this i{ad screen getting dimmer then brighter then back dim again for no reason..the light where I’m at isn’t fluctuating/

any ideas? thanks!

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do..its set for 7p to 7a. I have seen the shift take place..gradually, but then stays put; doesn’t vary. For some reason now, it keeps changing.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are holding the iPad in a room with one or two bright souces of light, even small shifts in angle can have a big impact on the auto-brightness. This is especially true if you’re in a darkish room. I’ve experienced this in the past.

In that case all you can do is turn off auto-brightness.

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
so..In turned off “night shift,” but left “true tone” on..I guess we’ see if that solves the issue.

thank you!

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Could it be caused by whatever is on your screen? For instance, my backlit MacBook keys are affected by what’s on screen as well as the ambient light.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It’s been a long while since I visited the Display settings. I hadn’t realized the auto-brighness switch was gone.

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Inhave a UAG case...the material that grips the ipad *appears* to be minimal..where are said room light sensors so that I can check whether they are blocked?

Most reactions

Latest posts