What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1 apple account, 2 libraries?

Shamygirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3 days out from expected delivery date...

In the meantime, I have all of my songs on my ipod- and I think I'll put only a few hundred on the ipad. What's the easiest way to do this?

Ideally, I'd like only apps to go to the ipad, a few songs, some books, maybe a movie or two. And all songs go to the ipod. Do I just create a separate playlist?
Let me know what you think and also what I should do everytime I hook either up so I don't sync all!

Thanks for your help!

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Creating separate playlists rather than a separate library is easier.

You choose what you want to sync on each device.

Also unless its an ipod touch your talking about, apps won't go on the ipod anyway.

OP
S

Shamygirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is an ipod touch. I know you can make separate playlists for songs, but is that an option for apps?
Or should I create an ipod playlist which includes every song in my library and then my ipad will just sync with my library? If that's the case, how do I make sure it doesn't sync the ipod library, since I don't want every song?

Thanks!

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You can choose what apps to sync to what device, not by playlists, but via the app tab when the device is plugged in.

No need to create a playlist of all songs (you effectively already have that), just create a ipad playlist and choose that to sync with the ipad, and leave everything else for your ipod.

Once you have both devices it will become quite obvious once you have them plugged into itunes.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 to defbref

No need for multiple libraries or playlists. I just synch those checked rather than "synch all." iTunes knows which are checked for which device so I maintain an iPod, iPod Nano, iPhones (2) and iPad each with different apps, books, movies, songs. All from the same iTunes.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
I use playlists for all my devices (2 iphones, 3 ipod nanos, ipod classic and ipad) because its easy to change what you want to sync without having the device connected, its picked up at next sync.

Most reactions

Latest posts