ZaggFolio for iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by RickD_99, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Xploit

Xploit
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Just recently got mine directly from Zagg. Personally I think it's more than acceptable for what it is. I'm very critical of keyboard feel as a bad one could easily make a really good product feel cheap. The ZF's keyboard is scaled down smaller yet has excellent tactile feel in terms of typing. The keys are of a chiclet design with a lot of springiness to them. I like the shortcut buttons on the top row and based on how I was formerly using an Apple Bluetooth Wireless, this new unit seems like an improvement.

The case material looks like carbon fiber (at least the one I ordered) and I expected it to be very cheap looking but I honestly don't think it's all that bad with a nice texture to it. I don't believe this compares to the durability offered by the Otterbox but the ZF isn't designed for that. The keyboard is the greatest feature but charging it requires you to slide it out to access the micro USB port. I thought this would be a bad thing but in all honesty, it doesn't require frequent charging to begin with and I combine the charging times with my preventative maintenance (cleaning the ipad and keyboard) so it's all good.

The viewing angle is great even though it's only 1 angle. The locking clip that holds the case closed has some reviews stating it's very hard to work with but if you work the keyboard portion to slide away from the clip rather to pull on the clip itself, it easily snaps on and off.

2. kippyw

kippyw
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Xploit... I've been changing the viewing angle on my Zaggfolio identical to yours by sliding the ipad out and inch or to... screen lays flatter.

3. Xploit

Xploit
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Yes that's something I discovered by accident but thanks for the tip. Personally I like the default viewing angle.