ZaggFolio for iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by RickD_99, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Patrizia_NC

Patrizia_NC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    These delays are becoming ridiculous.

2. netsecpro

netsecpro
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I ordered an Orange Zagg Folio and white keyboard on March 16th. It finally shipped on the 30th and I received it April 2nd. Pretty fast shipping from Utah to VA. Anyway, once I got it, I was not impressed. I have a Blue Folio and white keyboard, and I was expecting the texture of the Orange to be the same as the Blue. I think the Orange feels cheap, and it kinda reminds me of a circus peanut texture. I called Zagg and they told me that the Blue was the only one that has the textured cover. I am returning it and getting a Carbon Fiber with white keyboard. I would have gotten another Blue one, but that one is for my personal ipad2, and the Carbon Fiber will be for my work ipad3. The downside, it doesnt ship unitl April 23rd. :(

On a good note though, the magnets worked properly, and it was easy to remove the ipad from the folio if needed.

3. PaulCarleton

PaulCarleton
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Here are some photos of my tweak to partially remove the Foam Pad on the ZAGGfolio version "1" for the iPad 2.

image-2226057746.jpg

Above is a picture of the felt lining on the iPad side that I "Gently" pulled up to reveal the foam pad. I removed two inches or so on either side and left a 1.5 x 1.5 inch strip in the center.

image-2696232111.jpg

This is a picture of the felt lining reapplied. The adhesive is very sticky and it laid right back.

The New iPad now slips in and out with no problems. The remaining pad has just enough resistance, to hold the iPad in place so it doesn't slide out by accident.

4. thespinner

thespinner
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I second that! Ordered a black leather with silver/black keyboard on 11th March. Currently my order says "Ships Mar. 30th" (and in order detail - "Your order should ship Mar. 30th"). Order status is "In process".

I've emailed Zagg to ask what "should ship Mar. 30th" means - has my order shipped?

I'm in the UK so even when it does ship I'm expected a week or two more before I receive my Zaggfolio :(

5. Zevo

Zevo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    New member Zevo here. Ordered from Zagg on 3/9, receivedon 3/28. It had the 2 so according to Zagg this is the correct Gen 3 version. Then I found a defect in the case and I just about had it with them. Email after email and here is my response quoted:

"One way to confirm that you have indeed received the correct product is if you remove the iPad from the case, in the corner (near where the hole for the camera is) you will see a raised "2" indicating it is the 2nd generation ZAGGfolio for the iPad 3.
    The only difference in the new iPad is that it is slightly thinker than the iPad 2. To accommodate this, we have the section that the New iPad fits in a bit thinner for an ideal fit. "

6. tigersland

tigersland
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:

My green case is bright, I guess I will never misplace it since it's so easy to spot :) This one actually came with dirty finger prints, as if someone returned it and Zagg repackaged it and sold it to me.

Since I can keep using this one until the new one arrives, it's a little easier to deal with the late April ship date.

Thanks for your response, and Paul's response!

7. thespinner

thespinner
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I received a reply from Zagg about what "Ships Mar. 30th" means. It actually means that my Zaggfolio hasn't shipped.

Latest estimate is that it will ship 6th to 8th April. Their email did mention a late ship discount, but no details were provided. You contact Zagg after your order has shipped, if it ships later than the original shipping estimate when you placed the order.

As I'm in the UK I'm looking at up to 3 weeks before the case arrives, so I'm going to pick up a second hand iPad 2 Zaggfolio, modify it as per Paul's instructions (thanks for the pics), and then re-sell it on eBay when the new one arrives.

8. takiv

takiv
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    WOW ! I can't believe the BS from Zagg. I thought this was a reputable company. Everytime I call new excuses, no emails saying my order is delayed. The other day the girl splits my scren protector from my order and my folia goes from maybe shipping 4/9 to 4-25 WTF ? !!!!!!!! and the screen protector still hasn't left the warehouse 3 days later. At this point is it worth the wait ??????? Time to start researching other options.

9. Todd M

Todd M
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Same issues here with delayed shipping. I have never received an email stating that it was delayed, and my order got moved from 3/30 to 4/6. It was supposed to ship yesterday, but it still shows 'Your order should ship on 4/6' and it still shows 'In Process'. Still no email, and still no Folio cover after 3 weeks of waiting for the order to be fulfilled. You can't cancel the web order online (not sure if you can by calling Customer Service). You can buy the Carbon Fiber with black keyboards in Best Buy, but you can't get them shipped to you from Zagg? Never again. I will buy the Invisible Shield, but not these cases through them again. Very frustrating. I know they're popular cases, but for them to not even bother to email you with shipping delays twice now is ridiculous.

10. Todd M

Todd M
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Good luck with that. Mine has had two different dates now, still nothing. I am crafting up a letter now to the corporate offices.