What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZaggFolio for iPad 3

paulvalerio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Received my replacement Zaggfolio yesterday, works great! Zagg was kind enough to throw in some Zagg SmartBuds and cleaning foam free! They also let me keep the first malfunctioning Zaggfolio. Overall I am pleased with their customer service and response to the issue.

zkaizen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello folks, just received my Zagg folio leather case with a silver keyboard. I have a screen protector on my iPad 3rd generation and it fitted well in the case. The magnetic on and off function works well, and keyboard feels great while typing. They sent me a smartbud and zagg foam cleaner as well to compensate for the delay in fulfilling my order on top of discounts and free shipping. Arrived within five days in Western Australia, and we all know how far we are from everywhere.

My initial impression overall is great. The product is great and the customer service is wonderful. Well done Zagg, it was worth the wait!

dmspen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered the Zagg Folio carbo case for my ipad3. I got it through AT&T as an accessory. Since my AT&T account is through a partnership deal, I got the Zagg FOlio at 50% off. Pretty Sweet deal.

macrobbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my zagg folio last week, also with some smart buds and cleaning kit. I'm very happy with it . It was worth the wait. Macrobbo.

1ipadguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got this last night finally, and it was worth the wait! This is a great keyboard case (Clamcase) and it has performed very well in its initial paces. Very glad with the purchase, it does not affect (or touch) the Invisible Shield I have on it, and judging by what i have seen, I would still be without the Folio at this point.
Ditto, For me, All I can say is that I'm very pleased with the clamcase, Now I know why certain things happen for a reason , as Zagg dropped the ball on mine. Again very pleased.

NotoriousTIMP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello iPad forums, I'm new to these parts and figured I would post in here rather than making a new thread. I recently bought the Zaggfolio and I'm constantly having connection issues. Is anyone else having problems with the keyboard staying connected? It pairs up with no problem, but within 20-30sec it stops working and I have to turn the bluetooth off on the iPad in order to get my screen keyboard to come back up. I contacted Zagg and they are saying that this is way out of the norm and that i need to make sure the software is updated (which it is). I've even gone as far as restoring the iPad but I still have the connection issue. :( Any help would be awesome.....

Last edited by a moderator:

paulvalerio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NotoriousTIMP said:
Hello iPad forums, I'm new to these parts and figured I would post in here rather than making a new thread. I recently bought the Zaggfolio and I'm constantly having connection issues. Is anyone else having problems with the keyboard staying connected? It pairs up with no problem, but within 20-30sec it stops working and I have to turn the bluetooth off on the iPad in order to get my screen keyboard to come back up. I contacted Zagg and they are saying that this is way out of the norm and that i need to make sure the software is updated (which it is). I've even gone as far as restoring the iPad but I still have the connection issue. :( Any help would be awesome.....

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPPv0h06mdw&feature=youtu.be

The 20-30 seconds are In-between using the keyboard? I have never timed mine but I know if I don't use my keyboard for like a min, it doesn't disconnect but does not respond on the first key I hit when I resume typing, I will have to hit the key 2-3 times, and the keyboard I guess wakes up and responds.

zkaizen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
paulvalerio said:
The 20-30 seconds are In-between using the keyboard? I have never timed mine but I know if I don't use my keyboard for like a min, it doesn't disconnect but does not respond on the first key I hit when I resume typing, I will have to hit the key 2-3 times, and the keyboard I guess wakes up and responds.

I noticed this today at work. I have to wait 2 sec for the key to wake up or equivalent to hitting the key twice, when I have not used the keyboard for over a minute. No biggie, as this I guess saves energy.

NotoriousTIMP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nope, I will be typing and all of a sudden the keyboard goes dead :( It just takes 20-30 seconds from the moment it connects to the iPad before it loses its connection :(

Also, my box too had the little gold sticker slapped on it......maybe the keyboard is meant for the iPad2 profile and not the iPad3?

91ae824e.jpg

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nope, I will be typing and all of a sudden the keyboard goes dead :( It just takes 20-30 seconds from the moment it connects to the iPad before it loses its connection :(

Also, my box too had the little gold sticker slapped on it......maybe the keyboard is meant for the iPad2 profile and not the iPad3?

91ae824e.jpg
Welcome to the forum!
There's something wrong with your keyboard. Take it back. Bluetooth is Bluetooth - it's not iPad2 or 3 specific. You have a faulty unit.

zagg2

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If it is losing the connection and you aren't experiencing these types of issues with other Bluetooth accessories, it is most likely a problem with the keyboard, contact ZAGG customer service for a warranty replacement.

NotoriousTIMP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I fully plan on returning the whole device. For $100, I feel the case should be better built and the fact that the keyboard doesn't stay connected just adds to my frustration with this product. It's sad too, I really like Zagg's products but this one misses the mark, big time.....

claudel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I wound up getting the ZaggFolio for my shiny new iPad and it seems to be working fine.

I bought an app called "Paint For Cats"

ipad-image.png

One thing

elvis-ipad01.jpg

Led to the next...

elvis-ipad02.jpg

:eek: OhhhhhhNoooooo

:p

I guess that plastic isn't as tough as it seems...

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry but that's really funny going with the name of the app and the photos! Too bad about the case though!

Most reactions

Latest posts