ZaggFolio for iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by RickD_99, Mar 4, 2012.

1. PaulCarleton

PaulCarleton
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    People are reporting a very very tight fit even with this version stamp with the "2". So much so they are worried about dammage to the New iPad on installation and removal. I had to modify my iPad 2 ZAGGfolio to fit my "New iPad". While it did fit and it was tight, it was too tight and I had to remove all but a 1.5 x 1.5 inch piece of foam padding I left in the center, that was under the felt backing. The "New iPad" now fits and is easily installed and removed with just a bit of resistance. Since I had a iPad 2 in there previously the pad had compressed a bit.

By the way thanks for the clarification because people have been thinking the "2"means that it's for the iPad 2. Nice to know it is a "Version Number".

#151 PaulCarleton, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  2. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    We ran into a different issue and are currently requesting RMAs on our 2 units as after less than a day with the new case that has a iPad 3 sticker on it, my wife's Zagg Invisible Shield is damaged on the bottom away from all the rails but where the little rubber bumper comes in contact with it. After seeing this I'm not even going to attempt a replacement unit with mine as I got the HD version of the Zagg shield yesterday installed from Best Buy and that was $53 with tax and all.

3. skallal

skallal
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I have the folio with a 2 stamped on the inside. I wouldn't even call mine snug. If I don't prop the iPad in the keyboard slot, it starts to slide out of the folio from gravity. I must have a Zagg folio that's built correctly.

To those who have defective folios, I can only say, when you have the correct version, it really rocks...

4. PaulCarleton

PaulCarleton
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Congratulations you're the first one to report that the new iPad ZAGGfolio actually works.

That's why when I modified mine, I kept little bit of Foam Padding in place so it wouldn't slide out

#154 PaulCarleton, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  5. paulvalerio

paulvalerio
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Just received mine, surprise surprise sleep function doesn't work. Just got off the phone with Zagg, sending me out a new one. Only deal is it won't be here for a month! Really disappointed in this company! The rep told me they were being redesigned, why ship me out one that you know isn't fully functional yet?!?! Will post video later, it works great on my iPad2!!! Snug fit on my 3rd gen is very accurate, ugh disgusted!

6. PaulCarleton

PaulCarleton
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    You can always try reversing the magnets tweak. ;)

7. tigersland

tigersland
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    my green one for "ipad3" came today, the sleep function doesn't work either. I'll call tomorrow. just curious, did Zagg ask you to send back the case before they send you a replacement? thx

8. PaulCarleton

PaulCarleton
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    They will usually take your credit card info and send you a replacement first. If you don't send the original one back within a certain period of time, they charge you for the replacement.

I was supposed to get a replacement for my keyboard because one of the keys keeps falling off. Last I look they still have not sent mine out and that was two weeks ago. I will call them tomorrow to find out where it is.

9. paulvalerio

paulvalerio
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The representative told me to keep the one I have until the new one arrives (the new one doesn't ship until April 23rd!!!) she said when I receive the new one it will have a shipping label with it for me to send this broken one back. I assume as Paul Carleton stated, if you do not send it back within a reasonable time, they will charge you for it. BTW how do you like the Green colored one? I got the starhive blue and was expecting it to be lighter, I was thinking about changing my color but I am not sure yet. Be prepared for your replacement to take a while to ship out as well :(

10. paulvalerio

paulvalerio
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Uploaded a video to youtube if anyone is interested, I will be doing a follow up review as well! Thanks guys!

#160 paulvalerio, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014