What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube irritations?

Reaction score
Just got a new youtube popup from playing a music video:

'The author of this video does not allow playback on iPad'

Why would anyone prevent these movies being played on an iPad?

Btw. the author is Sony Music Entertainment. I have to be honest and say that this popup is not entertaining at all.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Btw. the author is Sony Music Entertainment. I have to be honest and say that this popup is not entertaining at all.

Now that is dumb...lol

dvmweb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes a youtube vid doesn't play. Grrr!

And, it seems that the video has to reload each time you play it. No caching?

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've found it interesting that eveything I've tried to play from Youtube through Apple TV runs fine but I have stutters and cacheing issues sometimes with threIpad. i have no idea why this is.

stardog2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:

I also have been seeing this message recently and it seems to be a relatively new occurrence for me. Videos I had watched on my iPad and iPhone previously with no problems now display this message. My take on it is this. Google fairly recently changed the settings for uploaded videos ( or changed the defaults) such that an uploader must explicitly enable use on mobile devices. Some videos which used to work now seem to be limited to non-mobile devices. Videos uploaded several years ago may have to have their settings updated to work on mobile. Part of this analysis is gleaned from other sites and comments. The comment about a recent change by Google is speculation on my part due to my experience with videos In the recent past and now.

Most reactions

Latest posts