What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube is filtered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exastify

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whi cant I see any official music on youtube?

I searched "california gurls" in google, and there are links to official videos. Click them, and youtube says it cant load movie. Whatever. Now i try another song, when i search for it in youtube it filters out all videos with official music (only crappy live versions show up). I google for official vids, but again, cannot be displayed.

Has everyone just been dealing with this? I dont want a youtube whre i cant watch or hear any decent music....

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Youtube hasnt ported everything over to HTML5 yet. Its still pretty much in beta for the iPad. Remember that youtube is a Flash site and the iPad doesnt do flash.

maybe try searching youtube itself on the html5 page or even using the youtube app in the ipad.

Last edited:
OP
E

Exastify

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using the youtube app, but i dont think its a flash problem because all vids work fine except official music ones.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you post a link to one of the videos your having a problem with?

OP
E

Exastify

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhG-vLZrb-g]YouTube - Fall Out Boy - Sugar, We're Goin Down[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwE-SLnLkqY[/ame]

Both of these work fine on my desktop PC

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a known issue and doesn't affect only music videos. In time there will be a flash player for iOS to take care of this.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sometimes official YouTube releases are blocked overseas due to copyright restrictions.

OP
E

Exastify

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm... I am in the US, and im fairly certain it isnt a flash player issue. every single official katy perry video doesnt work, so it seems like filtering to me.

shin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Almost ALL Copyrighted music video content cannot be played on mobile devices.
iPhone & ipads included

It's been like that for a whileeeee : )

Mecread

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I could not watch the links posted in fourm, i had to go the the main site.. .and I am on a pc atm

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I two was unable to watch right on my desktop without going to the website.

copy right holder has requested that that video be like that. has nothing to do with iPad.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I two was unable to watch right on my desktop without going to the website.

copy right holder has requested that that video be like that. has nothing to do with iPad.

I think thats it. They all say the content owner has requested no embedded player. You have to go to the YouTube website to play them. That keeps people from posting them embedded in blogs and forums. Apparently, it treats the iPad app like an external embedded player.

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is incredibly frustrating that there is the "mobile device" limitation on a device I see as a net book replacement.

This does need to change. The iPad is a virtual net book and I should be able to view anything from my desktop on this beauty of a device. Sigh.

Ah well, faux flash port will at least make things a bit better.

I would have no need for flash if not for certain youtube videos and sites that my kids enjoy that are flash based.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts