What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube freezing up after 5secs.

FunN4Lo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
peled said:
YouTube and iPad don't like each other that much.Unlike a regular PC or MAC, If you don"t have a fast clean internet connection, the movie will not run smoothly.

Exactly. You need a fast Internet connection to actually use YouTube without headache.

iPad 16gb Wi-Fi 4.2.1 jailbroken untethered

As I posted above, multiple, multiple devices, on multiple platforms play YT like TV on my net work. I have one of the very few ISP all the way to home fiber optics internet connection in the country. (many claim fiber optics, but the fiber optics feed to coax at some point) So internet connections do not come much faster. iPad will not play YT. If it is not an issue on any other platform, and it is an issue on iPad, it is and iPad issue!

dennien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I changed the DNS IP on my ipad to one of the following and no more freeze. Thanks to peled for the info. As matter of fact, internet is bit faster too.

Most reactions

Latest posts