What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube app subscription problems

arnab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 16gb 3g.

The problem I'm facing is a pretty weird one. I can't see a few channels which I'm subscribed to, in the YouTube app. These include locker gnome and soldier knows best and others. These are the ones I regularly check for new videos so their absence in the subscriptions list on the app is pretty glaring. I could well be missing other channels as well.

Is this a problem anyone else is facing? Is there a solution to it?

Do help if you can.

Thanks.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has happened to me before. I searched google and found some stuff to change in my youtube account but nothing worked. Then one day the subscriptions just re appeared. Don't know if this is what will happen to yours but with mine I think it was just a youtube issue.

OP
A

arnab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has happened to me before. I searched google and found some stuff to change in my youtube account but nothing worked. Then one day the subscriptions just re appeared. Don't know if this is what will happen to yours but with mine I think it was just a youtube issue.

Thanks.

I don't know if this is a solution per se but this is what 'worked' for me. On extensively googling about this problem last night, I came across an issue which has been there apparently since iPad 1. The official iPad apps for iOS and for apple tv, only support upto 25 channels. Any more channels and you'll not be able to see them on your subscription list. But of course, as usual new videos wil be visible as new videos regardless of the subscription number. Thing is, one has to apparently reduce the number of subscriptions to under 25 in order to make the YouTube app work properly. Which is of course, a bit of a shame really. Because lets face it, any average YouTube user will have more than that many channels subscribed to. And so I did that. And yeah, as expected all channels, all 25 of them hilariously, appeared right where they were supposed to.

I hope apple keeps a track on this bug and the inability to change resolutions for YouTube videos issue. This really does hamper the whole YouTube experience, if there is one.

dustrho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm experiencing this problem as well on my iPad 3. I have more than 50 subs and it sucks that I have to revert to the mobile YouTube page (m.youtube.com), as I'd rather use the built in one that shipped with the iPad.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Rends

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Same problem here but i have only 8 subscriptions.Only 3 of them appear in the youtube app.

They were all there until a few days ago. Any help?

dustrho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rends said:
Same problem here but i have only 8 subscriptions.Only 3 of them appear in the youtube app.

They were all there until a few days ago. Any help?

Now that is totally messed up. Why can't this be fixed? I brought my subs down to 83 from 159 (I know, not under 25), and I only see about 12 subs in my YouTube app.

Sent from my iPad 3 (WiFi only, 16 GB) using iPF

dustrho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took my iPad back to Target and exchanged it for a 64 GB model, had no issues doing so. Also bought a different case, got the Targus Versavu. Seems to be much better than the Apple Smart Cover one.

Sent from my iPad 3 (white, 64 GB, WiFi only) using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts