What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xbmc

Ipadfan2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Does anyone know how to set up xbmc on the iPad so you can watch movies from your computer,
I have searched YouTube google etc. But can't find anything,

Cheers,
Ben

wigsajumper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In order to get XBMC onto the ipad you will need to jailbreak your iPad.

Once you jailbreak your ipad you will need to go into Cydia and add the XBMC source. Once you have done that you can download XBMC.

Remember as of right now there isn't a Jailbreak for iPad 2

xbmc.org has a wiki that has a walkthrough with pictures.

If you already have it installed on your iPad2 then once you are videos you will need to add the folder/directory on your computer with your videos

OP
I

Ipadfan2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wigsajumper said:
In order to get XBMC onto the ipad you will need to jailbreak your iPad.

Once you jailbreak your ipad you will need to go into Cydia and add the XBMC source. Once you have done that you can download XBMC.

Remember as of right now there isn't a Jailbreak for iPad 2

xbmc.org has a wiki that has a walkthrough with pictures.

If you already have it installed on your iPad2 then once you are videos you will need to add the folder/directory on your computer with your videos

Done all that, not sure how to get it set up so i can view movies from my computer to my ipad

wigsajumper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your Computer is on same network as your ipad then you should be able to click on the source that you added for your computer and it should list the files

If its a windows 7 or vista you have to make sure you add sharing privileges specifically read privileges for the folder that you are sharing

OP
I

Ipadfan2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wigsajumper said:
If your Computer is on same network as your ipad then you should be able to click on the source that you added for your computer and it should list the files

If its a windows 7 or vista you have to make sure you add sharing privileges specifically read privileges for the folder that you are sharing

How do I add sharing privileges?

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wigsajumper said:

How do I add sharing privileges?

add sharing privileges in Windows 7 - Google Search=

If you have Vista do one using Vista instead of Windows 7.

OP
I

Ipadfan2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does your xbmc have to turned on , on your pc before it works on the iPad?
Mine does, is this normal?

wigsajumper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does your xbmc have to turned on , on your pc before it works on the iPad?
Mine does, is this normal?

No. You should just need to have the PC with the media turned on and XBMC running on the iPad.

Haven't had a chance yet to play with the xbmc for the iOS yet as you can see below on my sig.

But I have been using xbmc ever since it was first created for xbox gen 1 and use it a laptop for streaming to the living room TV

OP
I

Ipadfan2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have given up with it, I tried to change the skin to the Alaska skin, now it has froze and won't do anything, I will just keep it on my pc, aim using air video now. Seems to be much easier

wigsajumper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No worries. Sorry I wasn't able to be much help. Far distance trouble shooting was never my strong suit.

Most reactions

Latest posts