Would you let your coworkers borrow your brand new iPad 2 to "play"?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by HTMLEgg, Jul 16, 2011.

1. HTMLEgg

HTMLEgg
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm sure a lot of people are like me, we store sensitive information on our mobile devices.

But my coworkers like to come to me and ask "May I borrow your iPad for a while to play?" It's very frustrating. I feel weird not lend it to them, but who knows what they will do to it. And what if they spill water on it.. aarrghh this one crazy person loves to eat and drink while browsing on my iPad. My heart is always hanging whenever he does that.

So what are your thoughts? If you are thinking "No", what's a polite way to turn them down?

#1 HTMLEgg, Jul 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  2. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    No. You can touch it in front of me ~ that's it. Just say no. People know me and most would not even go there.

3. HTMLEgg

HTMLEgg
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    LOL

Yea, that's what I WISH to say every time! But it's so hard, these are folks you work with every day, and some are kind of in a client position.

4. Plainsman

Plainsman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    "Tell you what— I'll forgive for asking if you forgive me for saying No!"

I think it takes a lot of nerve to ask for access to something so personal, not to mention potentially fragile. And you are an absolute SAINT not to drop a wastebasket on the eater's head (after removing your iPad, of course).

5. blucente

blucente
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I agree with sweet poison, let them see and play with you there, then tell them where you bought it ;o)

6. iFrog

iFrog
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If you want to still been his friend say NO...

I see it this way, if something happen to the iPad he probably don't step up to the plate and get a new one for you, then you will be mad and you will loose a friend.

Just my two cents :)

7. HTMLEgg

HTMLEgg
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Cool. Glad to know I'm not the only those who feels this way about my iPad. I even thought about creating an App just to display a message that says something like "BROKEN, NEED TO BE REINSTALLED" so I can use that as an excuse. LOL

I shall attempt to implement the "no" strategy next week, we will see how that goes.

8. Mountainbikermark

Mountainbikermark
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Would you let them borrow your automobile? Your camera? Your computer? Your child?
    Disclaimer: political correctness and I are never in the same mindset.
    If the only concern is personal data try an app like Keeper to encrypt your personal stuff.
    Me personally, I'd be slightly offended if they wanted to "try out" my device without my presence out of knowledge that they are not up to any good by doing so but would also thank them for having balls enough to tell me to my face they plan on stabbing me in the back by asking. Then I would say no. I would tell them try out one at Best Buy or an Apple store by leaving with it will be easier than "borrowing" mine.
    If they want to check it out to decide on buying one or not, I'm all there but only in my presence.

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

9. Plainsman

Plainsman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Yet another white-lie tack...

"Gee, I'm so sorry, but lately it's been developing some strange behavior and I think it may be from somebody messing with the settings. Better keep it with me for a while before I really have a problem!"

But I'm still in favor of the more honest and direct approach: "No!"

10. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Maybe?:D