What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Word & excel folders ?

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Being new to i-pads, I'm sure there are various Apps for this type of thing, but what is considered a good App to have Excel spreadsheets, Word documents etc on an i-pad. Not bothered if its free or paid for, just want a good one

Alex

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you just want to show or look at them, you could use SkyDrive.
If you need to edit your files, it's possible with CloudOn.
Both apps are free. All you need is an Outlook.com-account for SkyDrive.

I use them both every day.

OP
Alex101

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Still looking into this, but have found that I can e-mail a spreadsheet or document to myself and pick it up and open it on the iPad, so I can have certain information on my iPad now and think about if I want to edit it with an App later on. Posted in case othres don't know that.
Alex

PHijduk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using Quikoffice HD every day when I am on a job site. It allows me good working with Excel, Word, Power Point, PDF and simple plaintext. I can open directly from an attachment into Quickoffice and I have my Dropbox account linked so I can work directly from those files hosted for my company keeping the file live without having to save and re upload.

https://help.quickoffice.com/ipad_inapp?app=qoipad_5.0.1

Official Reply

The latest versions of Quickoffice support the following file types: Quickoffice for iOS and Android: • DOC (Microsoft Word 97 to 2003 document file) • DOT (Microsoft document template) • DOCX (Microsoft Word 2007/2010 Open XML document file) • PPT (Microsoft PowerPoint 97 to 2003 Presentation file) • PPTX (Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010 Presentation file) • POT (Microsoft PowerPoint Template file) • XLS (Microsoft Excel 97 to 2003 workbook file) • XLSX (Microsoft Excel 2007/2010 to 2003 workbook file) • XLA (Microsoft Excel add-in) • TXT (Text File) • PDF (Printable Document Format) *You may make PDF annotations in Quickoffice for Android, but not iOS...

The latest versions of Quickoffice support the following file types:

Quickoffice for iOS and Android:

• DOC (Microsoft Word 97 to 2003 document file)
• DOT (Microsoft document template)
• DOCX (Microsoft Word 2007/2010 Open XML document file)
• PPT (Microsoft PowerPoint 97 to 2003 Presentation file)
• PPTX (Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010 Presentation file)
• POT (Microsoft PowerPoint Template file)
• XLS (Microsoft Excel 97 to 2003 workbook file)
• XLSX (Microsoft Excel 2007/2010 to 2003 workbook file)
• XLA (Microsoft Excel add-in)
• TXT (Text File)
• PDF (Printable Document Format) *You may make PDF annotations in Quickoffice for Android, but not iOS.

Quickoffice for Android Only

• DOCM
• DOTX
• DOTM
• XLSM (read-only)
• XLTX
• PPTM
• POTX
• POTM
• PPSX
• PPSM

Hope this helps!