What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copy dvd film for i-pad

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a number of films bought over the last few years and want to copy some to use on my new i-pad4 for when I'm away. I have no idea how to do this on my Windows 7 Ultimate PC and wondered if someone could explain (in very simple terms) how to do this or what software to buy. Please don't use IT type words as I don't understad too much. I don't mind buying some software if that is required, but want the best quality to use on my new i-pad.

Alex

alanchan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alex, this is one way I learn how to do it
but other experts here might have a different or better solution....for you

I use a software call "files connect"
its an App you can buy
basically, install this App in your ipad
then copy the files you need from your DVD to your PC....
you may want to put these file on the desktop area or somewhere you can find it.
from your ipad, launch "files connect"
in the "files connect" app you can see and access your PC
all you need to do is select the file, then choose download
it will copy from your PC to the ipad

to play, I am not sure what format are these DVD files...
I use AV player HD and it plays many different files

good luck!

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a number of films bought over the last few years and want to copy some to use on my new i-pad4 for when I'm away. I have no idea how to do this on my Windows 7 Ultimate PC and wondered if someone could explain (in very simple terms) how to do this or what software to buy. Please don't use IT type words as I don't understad too much. I don't mind buying some software if that is required, but want the best quality to use on my new i-pad.

Alex

G'day Alex and see if this helps ( don't worry, I don't think I know any IT words anyway)
*First if you have not already done so, download from the web the latest free app (program) suitable for Windows called "iTunes" . Store it say onto your desktop but don't open/ go into that app just yet.
*Then plug your iPad into your PC using the USB to iPad sync cable provided with your tablet.
*Now on the PC click on iTunes to open it up and you will see your iPad appear up top RHS as an iPad symbol.
*Click on that and a summary of your iPad will open up in a separate window and this will give you an option of what to sync ( synchronise or move over, damn OT words!) from your PC to your iPad.
*Select what you want to sync to your iPad by clicking on the Choose Folder option.
*Then in the drop-down menu you can choose what pictures, music or film you want to transfer to your iPad.
*Finally click Apply (or Sync, I forget which) at the bottom of the screen and give it some time to move the goodies over.
Just check first that you will not have storage problems on your iPad. If you do have capacity problems you may have to look into streaming movies or music via "Home Sharing" that is set up in iTunes.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Alex101

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Andrew, I have downloaded iTunes already on my PC and my iPad4, and that seems to take care of the film once it is on the PC, but what do I need to do to copy the DVD film from the player to the PC so that it will be in the right format for the i-Pad as I have not done that. Also, will some films prevent this with something within the DVD for protection?

Alex

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Andrew, I have downloaded iTunes already on my PC and my iPad4, and that seems to take care of the film once it is on the PC, but what do I need to do to copy the DVD film from the player to the PC so that it will be in the right format for the i-Pad as I have not done that. Also, will some films prevent this with something within the DVD for protection?

Alex

Now that is catching me short Alex as I regret my knowledge does not extend to moving from "the player to the PC" and film formats. There are quite a few enthusiastic techies on this forum who are likely to assist you and they may chip in.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Alex,
This information is all over the internet. A simple google search will bring it up. And, we have many threads here that cover this (use the search function). Finally, we have two or three supporting vendors who have sub-forums here at iPadforums. If you go over to one of those sub-forums you can find tutorials that describe exactly how to do what you want to do. They cover what software and you can even get some discounts on their software (last I checked). Here are some links:

DVD Catalyst

Pavtube Software Studio

Last edited:

Most reactions