What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless printer problems

awentz23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am at college and I am using their wifi connection for my iPad. I have a wireless printer (HP deskjet 3051a) that I bought and tried at home with the router and it worked. All I did was push the button on the router for three seconds and the printer connected. Now with being at school, I have no way of just pressing a button and having the printer connect. The other option is to type in a PIN number (that the printer supplies me with) in my routers configuration. Like I said...I don't have a router. Is there any way I can type anything into my iPad (like the ip address of the router at school) anywhere? Help!!!

Beri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just open your wifi connection on the ipad. Wait till it picks up the printer and connect to the printer. Done. I have the same printer and it works.
when you want to print. just select the doc and say print. then it will show your printer.
If not you can just restore your default setting on the printer. this will fix the problem of not picking the printer up on your ipad.
Hope this will help you

OP
A

awentz23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It worked!!! The only thing is...when I want to print, I actually have to click on the printer when it becomes available and get off the wifi I am currently connected to. It makes no sense. But other than that...it works!! Thank you very much.

Most reactions

Latest posts