What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Charging

danbee46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do any of you know if there is a wireless charger that is compatible with the new iPad? By wireless I mean that nothing is plugged into the iPad.

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do any of you know if there is a wireless charger that is compatible with the new iPad? By wireless I mean that nothing is plugged into the iPad.

Is that what wireless means?

But no, you can't do that with any idevice as the batteries are not user accessible. Something would need to be plugged in to the dock connector.

DanBarraclough04

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw this PowerMat thing a while back, it said that you can lay your iPhone, iPad or other smartphone on it and it'd charge it but as Yakuzagang5 said, you would need something plugged into the dock connector and you did with this product also.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Well, this may be the future (and before we expect it!) - this is called Inductive Charging (check this Wiki Article HERE) - same process as my Sonicare tooth brush - of course, will still need an energy source, such as an electric outlet, but wouldn't it be great to NOT have all of those damn cords attached! :thumbs:

Most reactions

Latest posts