Will The iPad Eventually Have A Camera?

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by iDan, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Rasputina

Rasputina
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    A completely unnecessary addition, on a nearly 10 inch screen, if it ever shows up IMO.

2. Takenover83

Takenover83
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    There seems to be confusion. If a camera ever comes, it most likely will be able to do photos, videos, webcam, webchat, etc...

3. henry2

henry2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    i do not see a need for a camera on the unit ..if you want to take pictures or video use a video camera then not the unit ..for it just things that could go wrong with a unit in the future

4. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    The differences shown here, are a good reason why it was not offered originally. I imagine a lot of testing of a camera was done in their research. And enough problems probably showed up during experimentation to show that it would not add to the experience for users.

5. kheldour

kheldour
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    a rearside camera could be useful. a frontside camera useless.

Just imagine, that you always would have to take care of the right angle, how you hold the iPad to do a video chat...

It would be totally against the ergonomic idea of the iPad.

But who knows, Apple has more than once listened to their users...

6. Jonny

Jonny
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    A small ROTATING web cam that could be plugged into the ipad would be great. Have it facing forward or backward, it would be great for skyping. iPad is the future and me being able to skype with my wife or family across country during my lunch hour would be awesome.

I really wouldnt care how many magapix it has and such, it's not meant to be taken to Disney and take pics with it.

Bluetooth webcam sounds interesting, but if you're on the go (subway/train, taxi, bus, airplane or simply walking around the house) then it would be useless.

My money is on a 3rd party selling a plug-in webcam and downloading their app. **(earth to skype)**

btw I'm new here :eek:

7. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Why would it be useless...bluetooth webcam with a clip to put it on the top of the iPad regardless of which way you hold it sounds like it would be great to me....

8. Loves2spoon

Loves2spoon
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Don't really care that much about a camera on the iPad, it does everything it should perfectly!

A front facing camera on the other hand for iChat would be nice. cough*os 4.0*cough 2nd gen?

9. Sonny Burnett

Sonny Burnett
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    It should have a front and back camera. Video conferencing in your hands will be huge. Don't expect to see this though until 4G service is the standard as the current 3G doesn't cut it.

10. kheldour

kheldour
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    How about an optional camera?

I picked up a picture on a german iPad-Forum, which I personally really like:

[​IMG]

That would be something, I would go for, because it would leave you the option to use it, when you need it.

Really nice concept.