Will The iPad Eventually Have A Camera?

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by iDan, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Takenover83

Takenover83
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    And which way would you be forced to hold it if the camera was build in? Portrait of-course. This is not a huge incovenience like you make it sound. There are plenty of Apps that force use of portrait or landscape. If I had to choose one that was docked to the iPad or mobile, and sitting else where, I would choose the one that docks. Then I can just get up walk around with the camera, and not be forced to be stationary.

2. Ghuda

Ghuda
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I like the idea of a camera, but frankly do not think I would use it that much. I have a camera on my phone and rarely use it. so far as video chat, that could be useful, but thats a mic, and camera and who knows what else that needs to be added to the device, and the horsepower needed to push live video could be just too much for the battery.

3. Takenover83

Takenover83
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    The iPad does have a mic, and 1GHZ A4 should be plenty to push live video, even on a 3G connection.

4. dks

dks
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I really would not use it on a regular basis... a little clip-on or stand alone bluetooth camera might be nice though

5. Tagg67

Tagg67
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I don't see a need for a camera on the Ipad unless it was for use as a webcam. It would be kind of weird trying to hold the Ipad, and then press the button on the screen to snap the photo.

A webcam seems more logical to me. IMO.

6. eoin3

eoin3
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I don't know if I agree. I'm sure any front facing chat camera would have some sort of facial recognition software so it can track your face.

7. Sonny Burnett

Sonny Burnett
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    The iPad will have to have a camera as a number of devices that are competing with it will. For instance the HP Slate will have 2 cameras. Hopefully the iPad 4G models will have at least one and be here by the summer of 2011.

Oh Oh The Pain Of It All :eek::eek::eek:

8. hamletpri

hamletpri
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    code in addy book

The code in address book means nothing. Sure, a camera would be nice, but the code is just left overs that apple never tidied up when they were changing iPhone OS to run on iPad. It's just like base code sort of

9. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    I am confident that they will offer a camera in a near generation. I also do not think it will matter if it is in landscape or portrait mode for taking pictures. The focal point should be usable in any position.

10. DG~X

DG~X
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    A camera i wouldn't really like on it, for the size of it a web cam would suit it better.