What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wifi

elizfield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I first received an Ipad as a gift I lived in a house without a secured wifi connection. My ipad connected just fine. I'm now living with a secure wifi but I can't figure out how to connect to it. There isn't a prompt to enter a password. My router is the one that is built in to the cable box provided by comcast.

Thanks for your assistance
Elizabeth

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I first received an Ipad as a gift I lived in a house without a secured wifi connection. My ipad connected just fine. I'm now living with a secure wifi but I can't figure out how to connect to it. There isn't a prompt to enter a password. My router is the one that is built in to the cable box provided by comcast.

Thanks for your assistance
Elizabeth
Does your router have Wi-Fi? If so it probably has an antenna or two sticking out of it. If it does, in your iPad's Settings App > Wi-Fi under "Choose Network" it should be listed there. Tap on it and it will ask you for a password. When you/Comcast set it up they should have given you a network password. Perhaps it's with your paperwork? If not you'll need to contact them to reset it.

Then in the Wi-Fi setting area on your iPad you'll just need to add the network and that should do it. More here:

Apple - Support - iPad - Wi-Fi Assistant

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts