1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

wifi

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by elizfield, Nov 18, 2011.

1. elizfield

elizfield iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When I first received an Ipad as a gift I lived in a house without a secured wifi connection. My ipad connected just fine. I'm now living with a secure wifi but I can't figure out how to connect to it. There isn't a prompt to enter a password. My router is the one that is built in to the cable box provided by comcast.

Thanks for your assistance
    Elizabeth
  2. richsadams

richsadams iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0
    Does your router have Wi-Fi? If so it probably has an antenna or two sticking out of it. If it does, in your iPad's Settings App > Wi-Fi under "Choose Network" it should be listed there. Tap on it and it will ask you for a password. When you/Comcast set it up they should have given you a network password. Perhaps it's with your paperwork? If not you'll need to contact them to reset it.

Then in the Wi-Fi setting area on your iPad you'll just need to add the network and that should do it. More here:

Apple - Support - iPad - Wi-Fi Assistant

Hope that helps!
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011